Is Your Rifle Inventory Expanding or has It Topped Out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is your rifle inventory expanding or has It topped out?

• Expanding; at least for the foreseeable future.

Votes: 102 67.1%
    • Staying about the same; I get rid of rifles I don't use when I buy others.

Votes: 36 23.7%
    • Downsizing; I don't need so many rifles right now.

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i sold maybe half a dozen firearms (rifles and pistols) in late 2016 to free up some room in the crowded safe, stuff that just wasn't being used. despite telling myself i didn't need anything else, i've been slowly getting that safe crowded again...

tkd4life

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2010
    Southern Maryland
    The advancement in bullets for long range shooting has been insane over the last couple of years. My rifle collection is growing to shoot the new pills being made.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    Not that it's any of my business...but I think you'll end up regretting that decision.

Its not an old gun with any history it's a new manufacture from 2005 it has less than 100 rounds through it. I got it because my BIL needed the money and I thought I wanted it to go with my 43 Mauser my 91/30, m44 and my Arisaka but I really want an M1 carbine or 1903a3 to be the representative for the US.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    My rifle collection has stopped growing because my little kids are. I'm not too sure if I even bought any ammo in 2017.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    My collection is still growing but not as fast as it used to. I've been wanting an AR10 for a few years and just got the opportunity to buy the parts to build one yesterday. So hopefully in a few weeks I'll be heading to the range with my new .308 AR :)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My rifle collection has stopped growing because my little kids are. I'm not too sure if I even bought any ammo in 2017.

LOL, I feel the same way. I only bought one gun last year. A pistol back in March that I still haven't shot yet. I bought a couple boxes of 22 and some 300blk for a hunt, but that's it...

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I didn't think my rifle collection would increase this weekend, but it did. I heard a voice while walking down an aisle of the Bel Air gun show. It got louder, until I got to one table. I hear that voice and look over and shining in the most intense light was a Remington M12 Gallery Special. My heart fluttered and when I picked it up, I knew I was in love. No rust, decent stock. Then I look and it has a 4 digit serial number. Well, I make a deal with the owner. This rifle is now a part of my permanent collection.

Woohoo! Sometimes life is good. Then there's times you find a Remington M12 Gallery Special and then life is fantastic! :thumbsup:

sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    The only thing I do not like about rifles,is I have to buy another gun safe. I am thinking of turning my office into a arsenal. Plans are in the works,as we are on the MDS forum.

JWinners

Jul 26, 2017
    Saint Marys, MD
    Years ago I dumped a girl while she had my Mosin Nagant in the trunk of her car. I never saw it again. :lol2: Haven't had a rifle since. I'm a shotgun guy now. But if I had my way I'd own a Rem. 700.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom