• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I'm not surprised this happened during Obama's rule, because the GAO is supposed to be minding how the government complies with the law, not go out and attempt to buy guns over the internet. The people who lead this project need to be fired if they haven't already quit after Hillary lost the election.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And when I just clicked the BearingArms article , there was an ad with headline of " Smile California , Weed is Legal " .

Probably random ad placement , but made me scratch my head .

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    But, but, GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE! It's always a bitch when existing laws work so you can't justify making more that don't have anything to do with the theoretical problem and won't do anything anyway. Watch for some Man Crush Media explanation of the failure such as, "Well, we know it happens, we just couldn't do it ourselves".

So, when are these guys going to be prosecuted for these attempts to buy guns illegally?

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Facts will not deter the anti-gun zealots.

I just got caught by some click bait on global warming or I guess today it's back to climate change, anyway, it drew a bunch of comments on both sides but one I found priceless was telling the infidels that they needed to install an app on their phones that for every argument they had, would direct them to the proper research article disproving it. UFB.

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    It took a few clicks to get through the typical GAO boilerplate, but I was able to get to the meat of the actual study GAO performed. It showed the FFL system set up by the Gun Control Act of 1968 actually works as intended, even with a technological wrinkle that was never anticipated -- the Internet. They created 5 scenarios of individuals with various prohibitions that would keep them from buying guns, from previous felons, to renouncing their citizenship. In 72 attempts, not one "deal" was successfully completed by the entity (individual or business) that was listing the firearm for sale. It proves that legitimate dealers and individuals selling guns actually want to, and are, following the law! That's a rather amazing story...but, sadly, of course, it will be ignored....because guns!

Interestingly, the head of the House committee that requested the study was our very own Elijah Cummings. I wonder when we'll be seeing him on a podium pointing to the success of the the FFL program at "keeping guns off the street"? I won't be holding my breath. :sad20:

JoeR

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    This chart, prepared by the GAO, should be shared far and wide, because it shows the firearms transfer system...including the lack of any so-called "loopholes."

Attachments

• Gun sales flowchart.jpg
      Gun sales flowchart.jpg
      86.8 KB · Views: 317

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    After reading this article, the conclusion I came up with is that Trump and the GOP need cut the budget to the GAO by about 10%.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    After reading this article, the conclusion I came up with is that Trump and the GOP need cut the budget to the GAO by about 10%.

That may sound good, but, ironically, as our CFO says, the best thing that can happen from an audit is nothing, and it goes downhill from there.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Here is another graphic from the GAO report that clearly summarizes their findings:

Attachments

• Gun purchase attempts.jpg
      Gun purchase attempts.jpg
      40.7 KB · Views: 284

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    This is a good thing. It proves the system works and we don't need any more stupid laws. Every time a snowflake says Gun Show Loophole or Internet Sales throw this report right in their face.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    ha ha ha. in 2 tests, GOA paid and got scammed when seller didn't ship...

wonder if GOA went after seller for fraud?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom