• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I have been their during the fall and winter when it is really dead. You see the contractors who are rehabbing the motels and hotels during the off season as well. Its a big night when their is a baskball game when the locals meet at the community center for a game and to talk to each other. Some mornings are so foggy you can not see half a city block and school is delayed open for a couple of hours as well. Also its a big thing durning the winter when they have the festival of lights at north park where you can drive thru also.

Cuttyfunk

Dec 17, 2015
    My wife and I work in OC slot, 2-3 times a week. It not bad from October to may. It won't be that busy in March and a few more shops will be open but most will still be closed. Most of the good stuff has been mentioned. OC is kinda what you make of it. Also you can check out Larry's trading post in West OC. I am a big fan of Berlin and it's worth a day trip. Berlin has some good restaurants and Burley oak.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    CAptains table at the Marriot if you want a good meal but it is pricey. West OC has some cool local places and good food. Boardwalk right now is calm and most of hte shops are closed but a good bit of restaurants and drinking establishments are still open. Generals Kitchen or Bayside Skillet for breakfast. Boat show was this past weekend.

Many years ago, I won the pontoon boat door prize at the boat show!!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    What to do depends on what you like to do.
    My family is on our 2nd vacation home out there in Ocean Pines since 2004 and we also have an investment condo at 59th street. There is still things we'd like to do that we have yet to get around to doing. We mostly boat and jetski now, but my boys like to fish mostly. In the off season, many places are hit and miss.
    Our favorite places to eat are the local places that are not franchises:
    Lazy Lizard right by the 50 bridge
    Secrets
    Fager's Island (my favorite) near 90 bridge
    Tony's Pizza

June is the time where its the 20 something college crowd and it gets a big loud out at night.
    I agree, 60th street and north is more family friendly.
    Boardwalk, get in line for some thrasher's fries. Its an OC thing.
    Old school arcades at the south end of the boardwalk (Marty's PLayland)
    Lots of shopping, lots of racy t-shirts

It may be a good time for you to drive out to Assateague to see the Poneys they will come right near you but don't piss them off or they may piss on you.

One more thing, my favorite LGS is out there. Arthur's Shooter's supply which is near the 90/50 split. Little shack in the back of his house.
    If you want a small range, Gunsmoke range is public and pretty low key north of 50 in Pittville I think. It is only pistol and I think 50 yard rifle. Its like a range in the back yard of the house. Last time and only time I went, I was by myself trying out a pistol I got at Arthur's.
    Gunsmoke used to have a really nice Sporting Clays Range, but no more.

It's in Willards, BTW

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    What to do depends on what you like to do.
    My family is on our 2nd vacation home out there in Ocean Pines since 2004 and we also have an investment condo at 59th street. There is still things we'd like to do that we have yet to get around to doing. We mostly boat and jetski now, but my boys like to fish mostly. In the off season, many places are hit and miss.
    Our favorite places to eat are the local places that are not franchises:
    Lazy Lizard right by the 50 bridge
    Secrets
    Fager's Island (my favorite) near 90 bridge
    Tony's Pizza

June is the time where its the 20 something college crowd and it gets a big loud out at night.
    I agree, 60th street and north is more family friendly.
    Boardwalk, get in line for some thrasher's fries. Its an OC thing.
    Old school arcades at the south end of the boardwalk (Marty's PLayland)
    Lots of shopping, lots of racy t-shirts

It may be a good time for you to drive out to Assateague to see the Poneys they will come right near you but don't piss them off or they may piss on you.

One more thing, my favorite LGS is out there. Arthur's Shooter's supply which is near the 90/50 split. Little shack in the back of his house.
    If you want a small range, Gunsmoke range is public and pretty low key north of 50 in Pittville I think. It is only pistol and I think 50 yard rifle. Its like a range in the back yard of the house. Last time and only time I went, I was by myself trying out a pistol I got at Arthur's.

I live in Ocean Pines and use Gunsmoke a few times a year mostly to sight in my hunting guns. It's closer for me than Delmarva. VERY basic but still serviceable. It's definitely not DElmarva. The rifle range does go out to 100 yards. Not sure how long you are there but Gunsmoke is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays fwiw. Outside of Willards actually which is pretty much next door to Pittsville.

Do you golf? Depending on the weather there should be plenty of that there. Fishing of course, also probably somewhat weather dependent. Plenty of good restaurants as folks have pointed out. Depends on your whims really. Downtown Berlin is pretty quaint. Some nice shopping for the ladies if they're into that. Some nice restaurants as well. If you're a beer drinker, there' a brewery/restaurant right in OC, there's Burley Oak in Berlin, there's Tall Tales right on 50 near Salisbury. There are also the outlet "malls" for shopping. Both the West Ocean City and Rehoboth Beach outlets are run by Tanger. Many more stores at the Delaware location though.

hi3cho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2012
    Edgemere
    OC is good for families with small kids who don't want to fly or driving 8 hours to the beaches in SC/NC and for boozing singles in their 20's . I stopped going to OC from about 24-30 except for a few camping trips right outside of OC. I will actually be down there in March for St Patrick's day, well the weekend before when they are having the parade. I went last year and my wife's family basically rents out most rooms in a hotel and we just hangout there. We are going to OC in the summer for a week in a friends condo which is the first time I have done that since my senior week I think. I used to give OC a bad rap too but it has its benefits.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Larry's Trading Post is in West OC. He carries everything from handguns and AR's to high end shotguns in the $10,000+ range. I drop the wife off across the street at the outlet mall and hang out there for an hour drooling at the shotguns I can't afford.

bmorewineguy

Sep 29, 2013
    Edgewater
    I forgot to mention that I will be taking two of my nephews to the range for the very first time at some point over that weekend. We'll make the ~45 minute trip back to Mardela Springs. I'm not sure who is more excited about the prospect, me or them. :D

JD Defense is in Georgetown DE, its a small family owned range and usually empty. It's a good place to take kids to teach them about shooting. 18140 County Seat Hwy, 19947. My daughter lives in Fenwick and I took her there to teach her about guns and shooting.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Fin Alley in Fenwick is an excellent place to eat.
    There is also a "free" Treasure Museum in Fenwick above a Shell shop.
    The Life Saving station north of Fenwick inlet is worthwhile. I have not been to the museums in Fenwick or Fort Miles There is also a lighthouse in Fenwick

Barn 34 in OC is good for breakfast and probably other meals. I did not care for Martin Seafood to eat, maybe to buy fish it's OK.

The horses running around Assateague are cool. If you haven't seen that, it's a must do.

In the late 60's I was a scuba diver. We had dives out of Indian River. I would drive to OC and go north. At that time the Carousel was miles from anything. LOL

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    Ocean City Brewery was pretty good. They are around 55th Street. Good beer, interesting tour and some decent food.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Any suggestions for breakfast on the OC side of Delmarva Sporting Clays? We'll be taking a pair of rookie shooters up to DSC early on either the Saturday or the Sunday the weekend that we go. I hear good things about Pittsville Dinette.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Any suggestions for breakfast on the OC side of Delmarva Sporting Clays? We'll be taking a pair of rookie shooters up to DSC early on either the Saturday or the Sunday the weekend that we go. I hear good things about Pittsville Dinette.

The Farmers Wife Restaurant has a mighty good breakfast on the westbound side of Rt 50 just 8 miles before you get to DSC. You will not be disappointed.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa

Closed! JT's in Willards in open Sunday now because the Dinnette closed.

Denney's is closer to DSC. JT's is better!

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The wife and I would eat at the Dough Roller in the off season when we stayed in OC. My dad used to own a place at #130 st in Monteigo Bay in the back. It was nice and quiet during the summer time even at night. All the noise and hoopla was below the bridge at #63 street. My dad sold the lot for $150 thousand and now im wishing he didnt sell it...

Justemily

Dec 26, 2010
    Maryland
    Cindys Eastside Kitchen, I thought I was the only "non" local that knew about the best little diner in Cambridge. I eat there 2 times a day every day goose hunting down there. Some of the best eats around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom