• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I just want to throw this up here for future reference.

Attachments

• EchoBoltCarrier.jpg
      EchoBoltCarrier.jpg
      43.6 KB · Views: 544

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I suspect you will need to eat your hat.

The bottom of the Fostech bolt is visible at the end of Tim's videos (MAC). It clearly shows a chamfer at the location where it would contact an auto sear. The Fostech part is different from a conventional auto sear in that it has a tail/extra material. (see your picture above) I suspect that this chamfer and tail prevent a standard auto bolt carrier group from fully seating and operating properly. It is unclear if there are other differences, but the presence of this chamfer makes the Fostech bolt proprietary.

Now that the Fostech trigger uses a full auto bolt carrier, I wasn't wrong after all, just clairvoyant. LOL

I wonder how a person might un-eat a hat?

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    It makes sense! ! Then they can sell the trigger packs cheaper to compete with the Franklin Binary .

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    I just ordered a echo gen 2 hopefully its not too hard to install

I just ordered my first Fostech. I have the first two generations of Franklin's BFS triggers. The Franklin BFS was the only one that would work with my Fightlite belt fed MCR due to the Fostech requirement to have a proprietary bolt carrier. I could have modified a MCR bolt carrier to work, but the Fightlite charges over $800 for one of their bolt carriers. Not going to happen.

I am looking forward to see how the Fostech trigger works. The installation will most likely be like the rest. Pretty easy.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Posted in Chad's thread, I copied here as well:

Hey guys, don't want to be a wet blanket, but want to give people a warning:

I use privacy.com for online purchases (lets you generate a one time card # and closes it after use) and got a couple of declined charge notices for one of my burner cards. After researching I found that the card was used only for fostechoutdoors.com (Fostech's online store). This is actually bad charge numbers two and three from them (the first was on March 20 on a different card; this was right after I put the second half of the trigger payment from my pre-order). I'm thinking they've sprung a leak either from their eStore or their processing vendor. Even after I notified via email and phone this is apparently still persisting.

I'm fairly confident that it's not malware on my computer as I've done quite a bit of online shopping and have only been popped in the last two years from PSA and Fostech. I've quoted the emails below if someone wants to see what the notifications look like. I just wanted to give a heads up and suggest you keep an eye on the card you used with Fostech.

Today: $0.00 charge at AMERICAN AIRLI AA declined on your XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX card because the card is closed.
    One minute later: $0.00 charge at AMERICAN AIRLI AA declined on your XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX card because the card is closed.
    March 20: We blocked a charge for $0.00 from 'Eham.net' on your card 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX' because the card is closed.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    Fostech just sent me an email looking for a deposit to buy an Echo trigger for the AK47 style rifle!

https://fostech.us/catalogsearch/result/index/?cat=31&q=ECHO+AK

Copied and paste the email below...

FOSTECH IS NOW ACCEPTING DEPOSITS ON THE SOON TO BE RELEASED ECHO AK TRIGGER. JUST LIKE ITS NAME SOUNDS THIS ECHO DEPOSIT WILL BE FOR A TRIGGER THAT FITS YOUR STAMPED AK-47 TYPE OF RIFLES. THIS IS A DROP IN SYSTEM FOR YOUR AK THAT WILL CHANGE THE PERCEPTION OF THE AK-47.

This is a deposit for the new ECHO AK Trigger. This trigger will contain the great features of the Echo AR-II but will be for the AK-47 platform of rifles. The current ECHO AK trigger will be for the stamped versions that are most common. The exact models beyond the common stamped AK-47 are still being explored.
    This is a non refundable deposit. If you are not sure that you are willing to wait please hold off until they are in stock. Current expectations on delivery will be before the 3rd quarter of 2018. This is also only the deposit on the trigger. The full retail cost of the ECHO AK trigger is $547.00. This deposit will hold your place in line and triggers will be delivered based upon when your deposit is received. When your trigger is complete, FosTecH will contact you to pay the remaining balance of $297.00. There is also an option to pay for the complete trigger. This is offered for a convenience of our customers that do not want the hassle of having to pay twice. No preferential treatment is given for full payments versus those that pay the deposit.
    The ECHO AK trigger will allow you to select between Safe Mode, Semi Auto Mode, & Echo Mode. The secondary disconnect technology is in the ECHO AK which is what makes it legal according to the ATF. The trigger lock technology is also implemented into the ECHO AK which makes your AK very reliable.
    The ECHO AK is now moving to full production and by taking deposits it allows FosTecH to ramp up to the appropriate numbers for the launch of the product.
    *****PLEASE READ CAREFULLY*******
    THIS IS ONLY A DEPOSIT AND IS NON REFUNDABLE. IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT REGULATION OR THE TIME IT TAKES TO PRODUCE, PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE NOW BUT WAIT UNTIL THE PRODUCT IS IN STOCK AND ON THE SHELF. THIS DEPOSIT IS FOR FOSTECH CUSTOMERS THAT WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO RECEIVE THE NEXT BREAK THROUGH IN THE ECHO TRIGGER TECHNOLOGY.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Now if it were only for the HK . I know Franklin has 1 but love the safety lever that keeps it from hammer follow. I may do a AK unit to lol

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    If the MGA passes their bump stock law, it will not bode well. I would be interested as well, but unless a new shiny object diverts their attention, we won't be able to have nice things. Free America, that is a different story.

Q

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    My Gen II Echo trigger works great on my AR .223
    Next time out I intend to put my 7.62x39 AR upper on the lower that has the Echo trigger.
    My only concern is if the hammer spring is strong enough on the Echo trigger to ignite those Russian steel case primers.
    I had to add a Wolff extra power hammer spring in my X39 AR to get reliable ignition with Russian steel case ammo.
    If that works I may consider putting the Echo trigger in my CMMG Mutant and mag dump a 75 rd AK drum mag LOL

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    My Gen II Echo trigger works great on my AR .223
    Next time out I intend to put my 7.62x39 AR upper on the lower that has the Echo trigger.
    My only concern is if the hammer spring is strong enough on the Echo trigger to ignite those Russian steel case primers.
    I had to add a Wolff extra power hammer spring in my X39 AR to get reliable ignition with Russian steel case ammo.
    If that works I may consider putting the Echo trigger in my CMMG Mutant and mag dump a 75 rd AK drum mag LOL

Try a slightly longer firing pin. Red X sells them. I have several 7.62X39 AR15''s both pistol and rifle and that's the fix. No heavy hammer springs , no other mods. Works like a charm !!

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Just sharing a Fostech AR trigger reassembly experience:

Short story: I found out the hard way via google fu: Guide rods (2 black thingies with spring around them) the u shaped ends are supposed to be flat side facing outward.

Long story: I was upgrading the trigger with the Gen2 part. The trigger came apart by mistake. I installed one of the guide rods flat side facing in. I was unable to pull the trigger. Was about to email Fostech and I found I Youtube video on Echo trigger reassembly and one comment mentioned the flat side out. I pulled the trigger hard and levered the hammer with a screwdriver to take the trigger apart and reassembled as per the comment. Problem solved.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    Just sharing a Fostech AR trigger reassembly experience:

Short story: I found out the hard way via google fu: Guide rods (2 black thingies with spring around them) the u shaped ends are supposed to be flat side facing outward.

The Fostech video specifically says the shelf goes out (~23 seconds in): https://youtu.be/B70ChZHRl8o?t=22

I took mine apart and was unable to get the cradle to fit in the relief if I put the flat side out. Doing so pushed the rod against the middle tube which makes the rotating pin off-center.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I just put an echo 2 put in my 9mm AR. I had to modify the carrier to get it to work, it was easy. Took it to the range yesterday tried it on semi then did double taps in echo. When that got boring I tried a 33 round mag dump, I emptied the mag in a couple seconds. When I turned around everyone in the place was looking at me and the RO had to come inspect my firearm. They thought I was shooting .223 and had a bump stock. I said nope 9mm and its a Fostech echo trigger. I packed up an left after that just in case, I don't like too much attention. Probably wouldn't have been so awkward if other people were shooting too. Anyway, now I think I need a couple more Echo 2s for my other rifles... $470 isn't cheap. Better start saving up. The trigger takes a little getting used to to get it to run fast, but accurate double taps were easy at 15yds and in 9mm is easy to control. When I did the mag dump all the rounds were on paper. Next I want to take it outside and shoot some steel. I think I converted my BIL he wants one too now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom