Is Your Rifle Inventory Expanding or has It Topped Out?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is your rifle inventory expanding or has It topped out?

• Expanding; at least for the foreseeable future.

Votes: 102 67.1%
    • Staying about the same; I get rid of rifles I don't use when I buy others.

Votes: 36 23.7%
    • Downsizing; I don't need so many rifles right now.

Votes: 14 9.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    My rifle inventory, actually my entire inventory, is about to get drastically reduced.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    My rifle inventory, actually my entire inventory, is about to get drastically reduced.

Starting your own militia? ;) (I kid, I kid)

Hope all is well and the proceeds are going to something you'll enjoy for years to come.

Last edited:

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    The number of rifles stayed the same this year, I started the year by trading off 2 rifles for a pistol, then traded a shotgun for a rifle and then finished the year by buying a carbine.
    Long gun space in my safes is at a premium right now, so I have be picky about what I get.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    ?

Hope everything is ok.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's cool. Haven't been shooting in a year. Don't need safe queens. Have a business venture to fund. If it works out the collection can always be replenished at a later date.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah, it's cool. Haven't been shooting in a year. Don't need safe queens. Have a business venture to fund. If it works out the collection can always be replenished at a later date.

Also an advantage of living in Texas - less stress about restocking. Although if a move back to Maryland is ever in the cards, may want to keep anything that was grandfathered after SB281/FSA2013.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Also an advantage of living in Texas - less stress about restocking. Although if a move back to Maryland is ever in the cards, may want to keep anything that was grandfathered after SB281/FSA2013.

Yeah, I just sold 2 pistols this morning f2f. Multitasking while taking the family out to lunch. :D

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    My logic (not the best financially), is that i’d rather have 10 AR15’s than 1 AR lower and 10 uppers. Its one of the few things(?) that I feel are so uncertain with the future. We have absolutely no idea as to what kind of laws will be passed and what kind of regulations will be imposed in the future. So my logic has been buy what you can, while you can. Shop around, find the good deals, and make your purchase. With the amount I saved simply shopping around for one rifle, I was able to put the savings towards covering half the cost of another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    No room for more long guns in the safe, at least not comfortably, so I don't see me getting any mkre rifles for a long time. (Retirement, relocation, bigger safe)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    My logic (not the best financially), is that i’d rather have 10 AR15’s than 1 AR lower and 10 uppers. Its one of the few things(?) that I feel are so uncertain with the future. We have absolutely no idea as to what kind of laws will be passed and what kind of regulations will be imposed in the future. So my logic has been buy what you can, while you can. Shop around, find the good deals, and make your purchase. With the amount I saved simply shopping around for one rifle, I was able to put the savings towards covering half the cost of another.

I’m with you. No Upper should ever be lonely.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Why not both? I have 5 lowers and 4 uppers, but only 2 lowers have been assembled. A pistol lower and a rifle lower (1 pistol upper and 3 rifle uppers). I’ve got the parts to build one lower in to a rifle, which I plan to do in the next couple of months when I don’t have something else begging for my time.

I’ll probably get another lower or two at some point, but I don’t have a whole lot of desire. Only thing I want to build is an M16A2 clone at some point. Otherwise I feel like I’ve got all the AR-15s I really desire. I have a 10.5” .223 pistol, 16” .223, 20” .223 and 18” 6.5 Grendel.

I do want more AR-10s. I’ve got an aero upper and lower to build some year. I plan to get another couple sooner or later. That’ll probably scratch the full size Rifle cartridge AR itch.

Right now I’ve got a G17 80% to build and an alaska handgun to buy before the summer. After that, finances permitting I’ll look for a deal on the new PCC for BF/Christmas or a Ruger American in .223 with the STANAG magwell.

Purchase after that is an M1 Garand. Could be the M1 Garand is first after the two handguns. It is pretty much at the top of my want list. Just kind of depends on deals. An American or PCC at a steal of a deal price and the Garand will just have to wait.

I also really want a Yugo in 8mm. Or something SA Mauser that was/is chambered in 7.62 NATO

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    No room for more long guns in the safe, at least not comfortably, so I don't see me getting any mkre rifles for a long time. (Retirement, relocation, bigger safe)

I just got a 25 gun safe for Black Friday. Up from a packed 10 gun locker and it already seems cramped. Once my ARs are all built (1 pistol, 3 AR-15 rifle’s and an AR-10 rifle) my estimate is I can fit in probably 3 more long guns without rifle rods or storing some barrel down.

Best guess that’ll take me 3-4 years to reach that point.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just got a 25 gun safe for Black Friday. Up from a packed 10 gun locker and it already seems cramped. Once my ARs are all built (1 pistol, 3 AR-15 rifle’s and an AR-10 rifle) my estimate is I can fit in probably 3 more long guns without rifle rods or storing some barrel down.

Best guess that’ll take me 3-4 years to reach that point.

Wanna bet? ;)

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Why not both? I have 5 lowers and 4 uppers, but only 2 lowers have been assembled. A pistol lower and a rifle lower (1 pistol upper and 3 rifle uppers). I’ve got the parts to build one lower in to a rifle, which I plan to do in the next couple of months when I don’t have something else begging for my time.

I’ll probably get another lower or two at some point, but I don’t have a whole lot of desire. Only thing I want to build is an M16A2 clone at some point. Otherwise I feel like I’ve got all the AR-15s I really desire. I have a 10.5” .223 pistol, 16” .223, 20” .223 and 18” 6.5 Grendel.

I do want more AR-10s. I’ve got an aero upper and lower to build some year. I plan to get another couple sooner or later. That’ll probably scratch the full size Rifle cartridge AR itch.

Right now I’ve got a G17 80% to build and an alaska handgun to buy before the summer. After that, finances permitting I’ll look for a deal on the new PCC for BF/Christmas or a Ruger American in .223 with the STANAG magwell.

Purchase after that is an M1 Garand. Could be the M1 Garand is first after the two handguns. It is pretty much at the top of my want list. Just kind of depends on deals. An American or PCC at a steal of a deal price and the Garand will just have to wait.

I also really want a Yugo in 8mm. Or something SA Mauser that was/is chambered in 7.62 NATO

Soon.... Not 21 so stripped 100% lowers are out of the picture for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom