• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    It looks like even if you got a full refund you are still eligible for a $22.50 voucher that can be used toward the purchase of a new EOTech product.

Link

Link

Note: I got the settlement postcards in the mail today.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I never knew there was a problem with EOTech sights. I have one and I don't think I have any adverse issues with it. Are all EOTech sights flawed as per the class action lawsuit specific manufactured dates?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Got a postcard yesterday as well. Anyone want my 22.50? I sure as heck ain't gonna use it.
    I got one too. Settlements providing coupons that can only be used to buy from a vendor that sold substandard products (resulting in a settlement) are major bs.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Did you guys actually have drift issues with your EOTech sights?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll

Yes. And I personally know folks at a LE agency who encountered up to 16" of unpredictable offset in repeatable real-world scenarios during training exercises, to the point that the sights were unusable and dangerous. Their Aimpoint-equipped rigs had no such problems.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Yes. And I personally know folks at a LE agency who encountered up to 16" of unpredictable offset in repeatable real-world scenarios during training exercises, to the point that the sights were unusable and dangerous. Their Aimpoint-equipped rigs had no such problems.

Same experiences here. Guys would bend over backwards blaming the weapon, and in the end, after much tail chasing, they would switch to another brand optic and problems vanished.

My friend Irv tells his team's experiences with them. You can tell who owns them by the face they make when he tells the story.

The drift issues were just one of many. The adjustments were often inaccurate, and they would drain batteries rapidly. Some just gave out and would not turn on.

Can't leave them on like other quality electronic optics either.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

Yes but it took me a long time to notice it. It just happened to be around the same temperature when I was at the range in the summer. Then I went to Delmarva in the winter and the sights were off by about 4 to 6 inches at 50 yards. I chalked it up to bumping the rifle around during transport or using different ammo. I adjusted the sight and had no issues the rest of the day. Then I went back to the range on a warm day and the sight was off by 4 to 6 inches again. I still didn't put two and two together until I read online that Eotechs were having thermal drift issues.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Very interesting. Thanks to all of your responses. It seems I still have a window available until May 23rd to return the sight for a refund as well, according to the class action lawsuit.

I know that EOTech's voluntary refund program ended in March, but it appears that the lawyer's have extended it until 23 May, as per how I am understanding the verbiage.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    So what do I do if I don't have the sales receipt? Got it last year. I didn't get a chance to use it til earlier this year and was having issues

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not sure.

I know of several people who claimed they sent them in with no receipt and they were reimbursed.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You don't need a receipt but it can delay the process and you might get a reduced "average" amount. If the purchase is on a credit card statement, that's usually good enough.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    I received a full retail price refund plus shipping reimbursement for all of my Eotechs with no receipts.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    So what do I do if I don't have the sales receipt? Got it last year. I didn't get a chance to use it til earlier this year and was having issues

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Look at the settlement forms, you have 3 options to choose from. If you don't have a receipt, they list MSRP value for year and model that they will refund back to you.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Not sure.

I know of several people who claimed they sent them in with no receipt and they were reimbursed.

I did not have receipts for any of mine and received full new market price.

The only thing they wouldn't refund me for is a 3X multiplier that I purchased and then sold separately.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Look at the settlement forms, you have 3 options to choose from. If you don't have a receipt, they list MSRP value for year and model that they will refund back to you.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom