• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Day 7 and no change to my status, still showing initial not disapproved as of 1/3/17. Pickup tomorrow AM.
    "Not Disapproved" is actually the linguistics used meaning you were approved....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    The FFL will likely still have to complete the FFL end of the 77r, so you will have to make two trips. One for the submission of the paperwork, one to pick up after your papers are approved.

For the record, the credit card information is entered on the NICS website. It is a completely different site from the MD licensing site. As the 77r is completed, the form is re-directed to the NICS site and the credit card payment is partially pre-filled with at least the applicant's name. I have not seen past this point, but it appears that the form is like any other online credit card payment, where you have to fill in the billing address, CC#, exp date, and 3 digit code. That is why many FFL's have the applicant take over for that portion. Anyone who has actually done this part could chime in...

My receipt shows the state of Maryland is charging me for it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 275

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    "Not Disapproved" is actually the linguistics used meaning you were approved....

I've received numerous not disapproved notices over the years I'm more looking at the form where it shows "date form received final".

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      45.6 KB · Views: 276

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    For the record, the credit card information is entered on the NICS website. It is a completely different site from the MD licensing site. As the 77r is completed, the form is re-directed to the NICS site and the credit card payment is partially pre-filled with at least the applicant's name. I have not seen past this point, but it appears that the form is like any other online credit card payment, where you have to fill in the billing address, CC#, exp date, and 3 digit code. That is why many FFL's have the applicant take over for that portion. Anyone who has actually done this part could chime in...

That does not make any sense. There is no fee at all for a NICS check. The $10 fee that we pay in Maryland is to the MSP for their checking, not to NICs.

Are you sure that it's not just the Maryland site redirecting to a payment collector to get the MSP fee?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I went to MDSP Barrack to do Secondary Sale yesterday. I filled the paperwork out on-line a week before just to get it done and ready for when me and my buddy could coordinate going to MDSP to make it official.

Once they figured everything out it only took 15mins to process the on-line paperwork. Still have 7 day wait, though, by law. But for those going to MDSP Barrack... The Troopers there are still learning the process, too. Be patient. Like I said, "Once they figured everything out..." In this case, if it had been the hard copy paperwork where they didn't have to log into the system, too, it probably would have gone faster. In the future as they get more experience doing it, I expect it will go much smoother.

Did they pull a computer out for the Seller to enter info or were you able to have that entered ahead of time?

When and how was credit card info entered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Did another one this morning for a GB auction win.

Over 2400, in less than 10 days. :)

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    My receipt shows the state of Maryland is charging me for it.
    It's not NICS that is used for payment processing, but NIC, the statewide credit card payment system. The receipt will show eGOV or GOVPAY or something like that.

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    That does not make any sense. There is no fee at all for a NICS check. The $10 fee that we pay in Maryland is to the MSP for their checking, not to NICs.

Are you sure that it's not just the Maryland site redirecting to a payment collector to get the MSP fee?
    You're right. It's not NICS. It's NIC (http://www.egov.com).

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    I've received numerous not disapproved notices over the years I'm more looking at the form where it shows "date form received final".
    I believe 'date received final' is the date the firearm is transferred from the Dealer's inventory to yours.

scattervision

Bang Bang Bangity Bang
    May 12, 2016
    Continuing your point, the MSP W&C permit is only available on line. They tell you it must be filled out on line.
    I think the handgun permit form is filled out online, but then it's printed and mailed in. At least there's no handwriting to read afterward, but it's still a paper process.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick

Below is site you are being directed to for credit card payment to MSP, not NICS

"About NIC

Founded in 1992, NIC (NASDAQ: EGOV) is the nation's leading provider of official government websites, online services, and secure payment processing solutions. The company's innovative eGovernment services help make government more accessible to everyone through technology. The family of NIC companies provides eGovernment solutions for more than 3,500 federal, state, and local agencies in the United States. Forbes has named NIC as one of the "100 Best Small Companies in America" five times, most recently ranked at No. 11 (2013), and the company has been included four times on the Barron's 400 Index. Additional information is available at http://www.egov.com."

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD
    Did they pull a computer out for the Seller to enter info or were you able to have that entered ahead of time?

Yes, I was able to enter the info for the seller OR the Trooper could have done it. The seller and I are very good friends so PII wasn't so much an issue. However, the Trooper did collect our Driver's License and HQL for verification.

As for the CC... Just handed it to the Trooper over the counter and he processed it. I got an immediate "Payment Receipt Confirmation" email from eGov.com.

easy peasy

gpfan

Dec 6, 2014
    Sykesville, MD

Oh... and yes, everything at the Barrack was done on their computer but buyer and seller had absolutely no hands-on with their computers... as expected. The Trooper could change any information that was either not correct or had changed since the date/time I filled out the on-line form and went to get it processed.

All I provided to the Trooper was Application Number, PIN (as emailed to me after I filled out the form), my Driver's License and HQL, and the Seller's Driver's License and HQL.

There was actually NO paperwork printed out by me or the Trooper. I still have access to the form and all the info (except masked Seller info) via the MDSP Licensing Portal.

Last edited:

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Oh... and yes, everything at the Barrack was done on their computer but buyer and seller had absolutely no hands-on with their computers... as expected. The Trooper could change any information that was either not correct or had changed since the date/time I filled out the on-line form and went to get it processed.

All I provided to the Trooper was Application Number, PIN (as emailed to me after I filled out the form), my Driver's License and HQL, and the Seller's Driver's License and HQL.

There was actually NO paperwork printed out by me or the Trooper. I still have access to the form and all the info (except masked Seller info) via the MDSP Licensing Portal.

The trooper required the seller's HQL?

That shouldn't be needed.

BradyWarrior

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 13, 2014
    Maryland
    Now that the state form (77R) is online, are dealers doing anything different with the 4473?

I had a dealer inform me that the 4473 is populated on the MDSP side from info on the 77R. I don't believe that, but it's obviously something that needs to be cleared up or else people are going to have compliance problems.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Now that the state form (77R) is online, are dealers doing anything different with the 4473?

I had a dealer inform me that the 4473 is populated on the MDSP side from info on the 77R. I don't believe that, but it's obviously something that needs to be cleared up or else people are going to have compliance problems.

I still filled out the 4473 at my dealer, they still need it by federal law. The MSP just does the NICS check and passes the NICS number along to the dealer to fill in that section of the 4473 for their records.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom