• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I can't find the AA kit in stock anywhere. Everyone seems to like them.

I'm waiting for the Tactical Solutions kits to come out. Unfortunately they don't make anything for the Glock 19.

Tactical Solutions Presents
    The TSG-22 Steel .22 LR GLOCK® featuring:

• Fits the GLOCK Models 17, 22, 34 and 35
    • 1-16" Twist Chrome Moly Steel Barrel
    • 4140 Blued Steel Slide
    • Factory Glock Polymer Sites
    • 14 Round, Black Dog Magazine
    • Last Round Hold Open

Shipping Late Summer 2010
    Call and Order Now! 866.333.9901

Sweet, I'm getting one for my 34!

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I don't think you necessarily need to go through an FFL (though I doubt anyone that didn't sell guns would be selling the conversion kits), but you do have to go through a retailer (AA won't sell the kits directly, but they do sell the mags directly). That probably wasn't the case 10 years ago.

C&R (Curio & Relics) is like an FFL for older and/or antique guns, but IRRC much easier to get than an FFL. Someone will be along shortly to give you a more accurate explanation :)
    It is an FFL :) and yes it is the easiest FFL to get since it does not involve engaging in the business of dealing, manufacturing, selling or importing firearms or ammo.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Anyone want to let me in on what a C&R is?

A C&R FFL costs thirty dollars and lasts three years. With this license you aisre an FFL in regards to firearms the law and ATF deem to be curios or relics (C&R). All firearms over fifty years old are automatically such or ones younger than fifty years old which the ATF has designated as one are C&R. This license allows you to acquire C&R guns accross state lines or from other state residents the same as any other FFL. However state laws still apply and in MD there are still some restrictions on C&R FFLs that are not on other FFLs. But you can still purchase and recieve C&R handguns from outside of the state and have them shipped directly to your MD address without having to mess with the MD process.

Of import to you, if you have a C&R it will get you discounts on ammo or parts from a lot of companies and this alone more than pays for the license fee.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=14616

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom