• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    A friend is asking if anyone has any experience or thoughts on Advantage Arms .22 conversion kits for the Glock 19?

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    I have one and really enjoy it. AA recommends CCI Mini-Mags, so that's what I shoot - it has been flawless.

The lighter slide makes the G19 feel strange until you shoot it a bit.

Bought it about two years ago. Delivery was very slow but worth the wait.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Good kits, just dont dry fire them at all. It will dent the barrel face.

Use a snap cap or spent casing to protect the barrel face.

HomerSimpson

Nov 30, 2008
    They're great. CCI Mini Mags are recommeded for best reliability and in my case are very accurate. Remington Golden Bullet is also recommended for cheap practice, but I always hated that ammo (lots of FTF's) and aren't as accuarate as Mini Mags. Federal ammo and anything 36 grain aren't recommened, but I've read some people have no problems with Federals and/or 36 gr. ammo.

I got lucky and got one unfired off glocktalk.com. Long backorder from AA though.

dwnthehatch

10-32
    Nov 6, 2007
    Kent Island
    I can't find the AA kit in stock anywhere. Everyone seems to like them.

I'm waiting for the Tactical Solutions kits to come out. Unfortunately they don't make anything for the Glock 19.

Tactical Solutions Presents
    The TSG-22 Steel .22 LR GLOCK® featuring:

• Fits the GLOCK Models 17, 22, 34 and 35
    • 1-16" Twist Chrome Moly Steel Barrel
    • 4140 Blued Steel Slide
    • Factory Glock Polymer Sites
    • 14 Round, Black Dog Magazine
    • Last Round Hold Open

Shipping Late Summer 2010
    Call and Order Now! 866.333.9901

Attachments

• 14w62bn2.jpg
      14w62bn2.jpg
      136.4 KB · Views: 137

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Thanks for the great info guys, if he does not join MDShooters and read this himself, I will pass this along to him next time I see him.

HomerSimpson

Nov 30, 2008
    There's a guy on glocktalk.com that posted on March 5 that "Tom at Engage Armament in MD" got one for him in five weeks. Never been there but saw that it's in Kensington.

If anyone is looking for one for a G20 or 21:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1195886&highlight="Advantage+Arms"
    (I don't know the guy, just passing along the info)

Oh, if you're not a member of glocktalk but plan on looking at their classifieds to find an AA kit, JOIN NOW because it takes a few days (about 6 in my case) for glocktalk to activate your account. Stupid, but that's the way it is...

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    There's a guy on glocktalk.com that posted on March 5 that "Tom at Engage Armament in MD" got one for him in five weeks. Never been there but saw that it's in Kensington.

If anyone is looking for one for a G20 or 21:
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1195886&highlight="Advantage+Arms"
    (I don't know the guy, just passing along the info)

Oh, if you're not a member of glocktalk but plan on looking at their classifieds to find an AA kit, JOIN NOW because it takes a few days (about 6 in my case) for glocktalk to activate your account. Stupid, but that's the way it is...

That was me! I just joined this site today, this is my first post.

I went to Engage Armament a couple months back and asked about the AA kit for my 17. Tom said that he had had them in the past but hadnt ordered any for a long time. I asked if he could order me a kit. He said sure but also noted that theyre pretty hard to come by and that it might take a couple months. He said to call back every couple of weeks to check on how the hunt for the kit was going. So every couple of weeks Id call and no luck. But, last week I called and he said, "it's here", and ofcourse I said "what time do you close Im on my way over to pick it up". Now, 5 weeks was kinda a guesstimation, it was probabley more like 5-7 weeks. But he found one for me and held onto it for me until I called to check on the status. Tom is a true stand up guy. Im happy to do business with him again.

Funny enough I was over at Engage a couple days ago checking out some Sig P226's and Tom said "Hey you know I got a call from a guy who read a post of yours on some website about you getting the AA kit.". We both had a good laugh about that.

Gonna take my AA kit out again this weekend. Have fun shooting.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    That was me! I just joined this site today, this is my first post.

I went to Engage Armament a couple months back and asked about the AA kit for my 17. Tom said that he had had them in the past but hadnt ordered any for a long time. I asked if he could order me a kit. He said sure but also noted that theyre pretty hard to come by and that it might take a couple months. He said to call back every couple of weeks to check on how the hunt for the kit was going. So every couple of weeks Id call and no luck. But, last week I called and he said, "it's here", and ofcourse I said "what time do you close Im on my way over to pick it up". Now, 5 weeks was kinda a guesstimation, it was probabley more like 5-7 weeks. But he found one for me and held onto it for me until I called to check on the status. Tom is a true stand up guy. Im happy to do business with him again.

Funny enough I was over at Engage a couple days ago checking out some Sig P226's and Tom said "Hey you know I got a call from a guy who read a post of yours on some website about you getting the AA kit.". We both had a good laugh about that.

Gonna take my AA kit out again this weekend. Have fun shooting.

Are these available for the G23?

BTW, welcome to MDS! Enjoy your stay! :party29:

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Thanks for the welcome guys.

I dont know what a C&R is so I cant tell you if I have one,lol.

Oh, and yes they are available for the G23. The kit you are looking for is called the Advantage Arms LE 19-23. It works on both the G19 and G23. But you can only order that kit through a dealer. The kits for the 17,22,19,23 cannot be order from the AA website. They must be ordered through an FFL.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome guys.

I dont know what a C&R is so I cant tell you if I have one,lol.

Oh, and yes they are available for the G23. The kit you are looking for is called the Advantage Arms LE 19-23. It works on both the G19 and G23. But you can only order that kit through a dealer. The kits for the 17,22,19,23 cannot be order from the AA website. They must be ordered through an FFL.

Since when do they need to go through an FFL? I ordered mine about 10 years ago directly from Advantage Arms. Check out my avatar... Suppressed AA Kit on a Glock 17.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Since when do they need to go through an FFL? I ordered mine about 10 years ago directly from Advantage Arms. Check out my avatar... Suppressed AA Kit on a Glock 17.

Its not that they are required by law to go through an FFL. Its just the only way Advantage Arms will sell the 17-22 and 19-23 kits right now. They will no longer sell them on their website. My guess is because they are trying to limit the already long waiting period. All other kit models can be purchased directly from their website though.

Here, take a look at what they say at the top of their Glock page.
    http://www.advantagearms.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=AASOS&Category_Code=GLK

HomerSimpson

Nov 30, 2008

I don't think you necessarily need to go through an FFL (though I doubt anyone that didn't sell guns would be selling the conversion kits), but you do have to go through a retailer (AA won't sell the kits directly, but they do sell the mags directly). That probably wasn't the case 10 years ago.

C&R (Curio & Relics) is like an FFL for older and/or antique guns, but IRRC much easier to get than an FFL. Someone will be along shortly to give you a more accurate explanation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom