• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I wonder if anyone on MDShooters is a Sikh. I ask because I want to see if there is any interest trying for the 1st Amendment right to keep and bear arms for defense of self and defense of others and its incorporation to the states angle.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    You know, oddly enough, I had been looking into it a little bit recently because I like the Khanda symbol. Thought it was cool that one of the ideals of the religion was to never bow to tyranny, and that they always wear a dagger to symbolize that ideal. I take it that's what got you thinkin?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    You know, oddly enough, I had been looking into it a little bit recently because I like the Khanda symbol. Thought it was cool that one of the ideals of the religion was to never bow to tyranny, and that they always wear a dagger to symbolize that ideal. I take it that's what got you thinkin?

Yes, the Kirpan, but what little I read the Kirpan is also for defense of self, and more importantly as I gather, defense of others as one of their main pillars in their religion or some such.
    The First Amendment's free excersise of religion is incorporated to the states and the Sikh should have the civil right to keep and bear arms for self defense for religious purposes in MD. If we can furhter entangle the Second Amendment with the First Amendment this way, then even if the Chicago case in front of the Supreme Court goes against us, this may be another avenue of approach.

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    Yes, the Kirpan, but what little I read the Kirpan is also for defense of self, and more importantly as I gather, defense of others as one of their main pillars in their religion or some such.
    The First Amendment's free excersise of religion is incorporated to the states and the Sikh should have the civil right to keep and bear arms for self defense for religious purposes in MD. If we can furhter entangle the Second Amendment with the First Amendment this way, then even if the Chicago case in front of the Supreme Court goes against us, this may be another avenue of approach.

Good thinking :thumbsup:

I may have to convert :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom