• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I've always wanted a top break revolver (still don't have one).

Your new Webley looks very shootable. Do you plan on firing it? If you do, factory ammo? reloads? both?

I saw Century still has them listed on their site. But Mrs. j8064 has blessed my planned trip to GC tomorrow to do paperwork on a RIA 1911 .45 acp for my B-day. :D

Oh the temptation on a Webley...Shucks. Can't do both :banghead:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    According to another message board Century had these or a month and a half now and they gave their sales reps first option to their clients before advertising them, so all the VG ones are sold. They started with about a hundred and now they may have less than fifty. They may be gone real quck if the other forum post is accurate.

I plan on shooting it at first with .38 S&W and saving more brass, but I am thinking about buying a die set from Lee and proper diameter 200 gr bullets from Beartooth so I can reload my own .38-200.

Mag Tech and Remington .38 S&W is weak. I want something the revolver was designed for, but that will mean I will have to reload.

You can find some affordable C&R and antique top breaks on Gunbroker, but if you want a shooter I suggest a C&R made after a certain date because all the antiques are BP or BP pressures only. Top breaks are fun :D

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I read that the safety was an import requirement.
    Nice foot shot Novus

I hate the safety and the more I think of it the more likely I am going to be to remove it. It is stupid where unless the safety is on you cannot break it open, so in order to reload you would have to put the safety on. It is not too easy to engage or disengage either.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    So.....I ask my brother to take pics of the Webley because he is a decent amateur photographer and he went wild. Here are just some of the pics.

Attachments

• Webley3216.JPG
      Webley3216.JPG
      41.2 KB · Views: 135
    • Webley3233.JPG
      Webley3233.JPG
      56.2 KB · Views: 139

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    That's like the one my mom found cleaning out my great aunts belongings after she passed. Webley Mk IV in .38 S&W...mine has a painted finish and has War Finish stamped on the side. I posted some pics of it last year...

Webley-1.jpg

OldGunner

Jan 17, 2010
    OK, stupid question. I'm waiting on my C&R and have been looking at the Webley MK4. But I don't see Webley on the Maryland Handgun roster. Anyone know what name it's listed under on the roster?

Thanks!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    OK, stupid question. I'm waiting on my C&R and have been looking at the Webley MK4. But I don't see Webley on the Maryland Handgun roster. Anyone know what name it's listed under on the roster?

Thanks!

Someone more knowledgeable can chime in and correct me but I believe that handguns made prior to January 1, 1985 are exempt.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Someone more knowledgeable can chime in and correct me but I believe that handguns made prior to January 1, 1985 are exempt.

not sure if thats the date, but yes that s correct.

as well, if you have a C&R license, it doesnt matter if its on the approved list or not, if its C&R, you can buy it from out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom