• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G O B

Ultimate Member
    Nov 17, 2007
    Cen TX
    My Granddaughter is turning 16 and loves to shoot a bow. I am in Texas, and she is in Brookland Park. Is there a good club near there, and how do I get her measured for a recurve bow? All help would be appreciated, she has been into archery for years, and has a lot of natural talent. I want to get her something to fit her, as she is very short - maybe 4'10".
    Thanks.
    G O B

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    From family history , do you anticipate her to be perpetually vertically challenged, or is another growth spurt likely ?

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I am not sure how much they do recurves, but this shop is right near her. (Traditional bows and accessories.) on the website

There is also Anne Arundle Archers in Crofton where there would be traditional shooters. I'd help, but I am way west near Hagerstown.

She can pull a ruler for draw length and I would think a 30# bow or less, but without having her draw one its hard to tell.

Are you going to buy a commercial bow or an expensive custom bow?

Rus

MDS Supporter
    Nov 27, 2017
    No. Carroll County
    I will second both Lancaster Archery, for the great variety, and Autumn Sky, for great service and a place to learn.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    In my limited dealings with archery establishments , I have dealt 28th two .

One of them I can't say much nice, so ...
    The other one gave excellent service , but is in downtown Hancock, Md .

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    Head to Lancaster Archery’s web site. They are one of the largest mail order companies and have a lots of helpful information including size charts to help you decide bow length

I use 62” #25 PSE Razorback recurves in youth and woman’s programs. Also have Genesis bows but they are a little different in that the weight doesn’t increase with draw length like a recurve does

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom