• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    I’m looking for a holster for a Sig P365. I’m a big guy and carry my weight in my gut. My pants tend to slide down at times and if I cinch the belt tighter, it can get uncomfortable in the waist.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I’m looking for a holster for a Sig P365. I’m a big guy and carry my weight in my gut. My pants tend to slide down at times and if I cinch the belt tighter, it can get uncomfortable in the waist.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Have you thought about a belly band or an ankle holster?

I CC with the sig p290rs in a crossbreed IWB holster in the small of my back and it’s comfortable. But everyone is different.

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    Three different carry pistols: Glock 22, SIG P229, SIG P250 subcompact. A few years ago I switched IWB holsters to Stealth Gear USA Revolution https://stealthgearusa.com/holsters/ I found good leather belts by Carhartt at the local military surplus store along with Carhartt suspenders (clips). The suspenders allow me to leave my belt a little loose for comfort. The belt provides good support for the holster. The holster spreads the weight out and protects the pistol from sweat. I carry from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed, and the many different standing, sitting, walking, running positions I am in throughout the day can put a lot of stress on any part of a setup. I have found that using all three have given me more confidence that nothing is coming off and everything is where I want it to be. Carrying is literally a pain in the back. It is just a part of what we signed up for when we took on the responsibility. I hope you find what works for you.

Be safe.

EdHershon

Oct 2, 2018
    Annapolis
    Three different carry pistols: Glock 22, SIG P229, SIG P250 subcompact. A few years ago I switched IWB holsters to Stealth Gear USA Revolution https://stealthgearusa.com/holsters/ I found good leather belts by Carhartt at the local military surplus store along with Carhartt suspenders (clips). The suspenders allow me to leave my belt a little loose for comfort. The belt provides good support for the holster. The holster spreads the weight out and protects the pistol from sweat. I carry from the time I wake up till the time I go to bed, and the many different standing, sitting, walking, running positions I am in throughout the day can put a lot of stress on any part of a setup. I have found that using all three have given me more confidence that nothing is coming off and everything is where I want it to be. Carrying is literally a pain in the back. It is just a part of what we signed up for when we took on the responsibility. I hope you find what works for you.

Be safe.

Thank you! I will consider your suggestions. I like the idea of a stiffer belt for support. That is one area that I know needs to be fixed.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Yup, the belt changes everything. I also wrestle with enough of a gut that it impacts how I think about carrying. Most of time, it's a smaller pistol in a kydex IWB that clips over my belt and stays around my strong hand's four o'clock, maybe four-thirty. Anatomically, that spot doesn't seem to have much bearing on whether the pants are staying up, I can draw gracefully from that spot, and since I usually have a loose shirt over something tucked, it doesn't noticeably print. Belt, belt, belt.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Recently switched from an IWB to OWB. No real body weight to mention, but with inside and outside carry i always use a dedicated gun belt. THey are thicker and stiffer than a dress belt and are 1.5”. The holster i have been using is kydex off the grid. Its is more expensive than many other kydex owb, but less expensive than some. I bought one for a shield 9 and used it for a couple of weeks and then bought a bravo concealment owb for a G33. It was not as comfortable as the OTG and i replaced it with another OTG. I have been wearing it this week since sunday. Very comfortable and high riding so that a sweater or untucked shirt hides it.
    All that said, maybe your best solutions are shoulder holsters? Or ankle? One other possibility. The well armed woman site sells a leather holster that has strong earth magnets so it can be worn without a belt. I have one for a sw642 and its pretty nice. My wife bought it originally for purse carry. It could be combined with suspenders in lieu of a belt. Once in place, those magnets clamp that holster to fabric. Can get it for IWB or out. Good luck with finding the best solution.

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    Recently picked up the P365 myself. What an amazing little 9mm.

So far a Kydex IWB is working for me. Like above have suggest, a belt designed for carry makes it a lot easier. Not only is it thicker and stiffer than a regular belt, but my experience is the holes are punched closer together, making adjustments more exact. I find a regular belt goes between pants sliding down vs gut squishing uncomfortable. Sound familier? Depending on the maker, be sure to check on the hole distance separation.

I've ordered a DeSantis CEO shoulder holster to try out. It works well with my .45 Shield and the Sig should disappear under a jacket.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    StealthGear and Comptac have been great IWB holsters for me.

I'm OWB more and more as the weather and my needs allow.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Nexbelt EDC ratchet belt. Wish I had these when I was working. Best belt I found for IWB. Quick loosen of the belt when you sit as your fat squeezes out, to relieve that pressure. Easily slide it back a wee tighter when you stand up when your fat sinks down to your hips :) Pressure on your intestines is a killer when you have been carrying everyday for years. IWB holster is not so much important as the belt is.

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    Bravo OWB would probably work. They are super snug to the body, and the new paddle mounts they have seem to suck the holster in even more. I second the Nexbelt recommendation. It's a dress gun belt. I wear cargo pants all the time, so I also wear a Blue Alpha Gear belt with very small cobra buckle that will slide through belt loops.

I'm not being a jerk, but losing weight will help as well. I've always wanted to carry AIWB, but I couldn't do it until I dropped over 35 pounds. Now the only holsters I have are AIWB, so I have financial and self-esteem motivations to keep it off.

copasetic

Sep 15, 2017
    Montgomery County
    I carry my 365 in a Stealthgear appendix holster, but I wear it at 5 O'clock position... it works quite well and is quite compact. I first got the revolution, but then upgraded to their ventcore one (during the 45% off sale around black Friday). The ventcore is just more comfortable for me (and keeps the sweat away).

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Thank you! I will consider your suggestions. I like the idea of a stiffer belt for support. That is one area that I know needs to be fixed.

I bought two Crossbreed belts and I am impressed. These belts are great. I usually go through belts fast, but these things are extremely durable. It’s thick and stiff, perfect for a holster. I got the executive series, which can even be worn with a suit.

They are expensive but worth every penny.

BTW, would you pocket carry the 365? If so look into DeSantis holsters. I have carried my XDs in a DeSantis Superfly. It fits great. The 365 is even smaller and would be more comfortable.

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/belts/founder-s-series/founders-series-executive-gun-belt.html

https://www.desantisholster.com/super-fly/

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It's thin, short and small enough it does well in a pocket or AIWB. It is far easier to carry appendix in kydex taco holsters than most would think, FAR more comfortable and concealable than 4:00 for most people. Vedder, Tulster, Dara, Raven, they all have similar designs. I love my little Lexholsters LX-1, same design, a little cheaper, easy to clip on or off, and the claw does help keep it in place and concealed, the cant is adjustable, so you can use it at 3:00-5:00 if 1:00 doesn't work out. Physique doesn't really get to be an issue until someone is probably past a 30 BMI. Carries well in a pocket with the flat mag, especially with deeper cargo pockets, I'll switch from AIWB to pocket carry when Skiing or on the motorcycle, a bit more security with a zippered pocket.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Great ideas on holsters here already, I'll second the Little Foxx, but I am chiming in because I have found no flaws with my magpul belt w/kydex .... still straight as an arrow :)

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    crossbreed here... supertuck whether
    Sig250C, XDM9,S&W 4553TSW works
    fine...their belts aren't bad either

have Galco Miami Classic for the HK USP
    shoulder holster.. I know you didn't ask

-Rock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts