• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RolfeJr

Oct 23, 2018
    Working on our MD CCW Permit Applications
    Are there any specific details in the app that anyone can assist with?

We're self employed, plenty of income, a 24/7 service company

- G&S No no's
    - G&S Must haves
    - Documentation, Too much, too little....

Everything helps!

No point in re-inventing the wheel when I have access to this much knowledge

Thanks!

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Number one don't fall for the "I can get you one guaranteed" people out there, they may be able to guide you but that's on the application. No one except MSP can get you approved. Depending on your business and how it is describe will determine whether it's approved and if approved your restrictions. The more paperwork you have in your packet the better (permits, licenses, bank deposits, cash receipts, or business logs). If you are going for a 24/7 permit you will have to show that your business is as such, that's where business logs come (meetings, service calls, or money collections). Since safety is an issues these days certificates of training courses are helpful in addition to the 16 hr class required. During your interview be truthful and level headed. Hope this helps a little, Chris.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    7239468908_b49e15598c_b1.jpg

Sarcasm

Jake4U

Now with 67% more FJB
    Sep 1, 2018
    You don't need a lawyer to be successful either.

Yep. Bank deposits. Do you routinely carry cash for your business? Also any threats you've received and documented with previous police reports. Those two likely opened the door for me.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    They deliberately make the forms "look" overwhelming and the excess of repeated questions ask .

Answer all the questions correctly and where you need to explain "why" you need to carry a firearm be extremely detailed , ask for a "un-restricted" permit for 24/7 carry and explain why . If you have 2 businesses please include both on the application . I did not do that out of the gate and it took a bit to get it included . (I still don't have my new un-restricted permit with both companies) .

Give more information rather then less, but 99% of the time they will request more details or documentation . Corp. papers , tax papers , receipts people pay you . Please keep in mind these papers don't need to be 10 K or anything close , they want to see a reasonable reflection of your company(s)

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    On the self-employed front: is that a pass-through LLC type situation, or something incorporated? After I had my interview, the licensing division emailed me and wanted more paperwork. Specifically, they wanted some pages from my previous couple of tax filings showing that the income from the businesses was actually landing on my personal income statements. I suppose I should have anticipated that when I first put the application together, but so be it. I had the permit in hand just days after providing them the additional info. Of course, despite making the case for an essentially 24x7 multi-business life, I still had to get the HPRB to lift "while doing business as" restrictions.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Little help, my comments in bold.

Number one don't fall for the "I can get you one guaranteed" people out there, they may be able to guide you but that's on the application. No one except MSP can get you approved. Depending on your business and how it is describe will determine whether it's approved and if approved your restrictions. I've never seen a legit business owner not get approved yet. The more paperwork you have in your packet the better (permits, licenses, bank deposits, cash receipts, or business logs). If you are going for a 24/7 permit you will have to show that your business is as such, that's where business logs come (meetings, service calls, or money collections).And you will still be issued a permit with restrictions. MSP's policy is that if you are working 24/7 your business related restrictions cover you 24/7 Since safety is an issues these days certificates of training courses are helpful in addition to the 16 hr class required. Only the mandatory 16 hour training means squat. During your interview be truthful and level headed. Hope this helps a little, Chris.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Rolfejr is a good guy. I know he only has one post but i have known him many years.

If you have any questions feel free to call me any time.

Nobody

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Based on last night's hilarity - don't have the mods approve a screen name change to protect your G&S and then start a thread that blurts out your G&S. :lol2: :rofl:

That was the funniest thread i have ever seen , and then not seen this morning . I had to go to bed last night , and when i woke up the thread was nuked .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Can we get a Cliff's Notes version?
    See my post four before yours.

Guy posted up with his first post last night saying "long time member" looking for an attorney to help him fill out his application and gave out what his G&S is.

Several of us called him out on the long term member thing since his join date was yesterday.

He comes back with a story that he had a mod change his screen name to protect his G&S. After that went over like a fart in church he pops in with the original screen name and says he is going to ask the mods to delete.

The guy was already anonymous, he only had less than 130 posts in 6-7 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RolfeJr

Oct 23, 2018
    Rolfejr is a good guy. I know he only has one post but i have known him many years.

If you have any questions feel free to call me any time.

Nobody
    Well, if I'm good with NoBody, I must be great with everybody!
    Don't hesitate to call.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Rolfjr. As a side note rickey jay died today. That should clue you as to who i am.

For the rest rolfejr is not a troll. He is a good guy justnew to guns and ccw.

Nobody

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Rolfjr. As a side note rickey jay died today. That should clue you as to who i am.

For the rest rolfejr is not a troll. He is a good guy justnew to guns and ccw.

Nobody

Vouching for him is a great thing to see. I wish it was more prevalent when we see new members with questions. It certainly goes a long way to making others feel safe in posting an answer.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    Vouching for him is a great thing to see. I wish it was more prevalent when we see new members with questions. It certainly goes a long way to making others feel safe in posting an answer.

Snow tonight. 100000 inches. Roaddawg and i agree.

Nobody

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom