• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Seems it's just being introduced, my Handloader magazine came yesterday and it's on the front cover as being introduced so maybe it hasn't had a chance to get to distributors yet. That article says it's made in Sweden
    Handloader February 2017 No. 306

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Been working with this powder in my 243AI. I have to say I'm impressed. Very much like 4350 but higher velocities with lower pressures. Same results in my son's Creedmoor but 4350 just barely edged it out in group size in the creedmoor. In my AI it edged out 8208 for accuracy but not by much

Attachments

• IMG_0033.JPG
      IMG_0033.JPG
      38.7 KB · Views: 278

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Cleaned the rifle last night after about 40 rounds. It cleaned up very easy and hardly even a slight trace of copper. 2 patches of BT C4 carbon remover followed by 10 brush strokes, followed by 2 patches with the last clean as a pin. 2 patches of BT CU2 to check for copper, 2 patches to clean and dry. I like this powder

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    I just went through a pound of it in my Swiss rifles. 47-48gr behind a 168gr bullet produced VERY nice groups. I'm buying more.

Seabee

Old Timer
    Oct 9, 2011
    Left marylandistan to NC
    Glad to hear it works for you. I'm going to try some Reloder 23 in my 280 AI. It is similar but slower. Supposed to give higher velocities at lower pressures. My 280 likes slower powders and I hope it likes this one. Ran it in Quickload and it looks promising

CombatAK

Hooligan #12
    Sep 1, 2015
    Cresaptown
    Glad to hear it works for you. I'm going to try some Reloder 23 in my 280 AI. It is similar but slower. Supposed to give higher velocities at lower pressures. My 280 likes slower powders and I hope it likes this one. Ran it in Quickload and it looks promising

I have been using RL-19 in my .280. Mine is not AI but it is a very accurate load. 53 grains RL-19 under a 140 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom