I hope Dicks Sporting goods goes bankrupt!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stagstalker

Jan 15, 2017
    The cesspool of MD
    Cut off their Dick's with a precision boycott, make it virile that every brand they carry will be boycotted also. Lets see how their suppliers feel about it, make it un-american to sport a dick brand.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    I love this part from their announcement.

"but if common sense reform is enacted and even one life is saved, it will have been worth it."

Where have I heard that before.........:rolleye12

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Common sense is for me to permanently take my business elsewhere and to encourage all my family and friends to do the same.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    They are no doubt playing to their upscale soccer mommie and clothing customers. For those not familiar, the profit margin on branded clothing is huge, much more than guns. And they sell a lot of it. And they are a bunch of Dick's at corporate level too.

Not only are they not selling Modern Sporting Rifles or standard magazines. They are also vocally supporting an AWB among other things.

http://pressroom.dicks.com/press-in...ampaign=CS2015&utm_term=&utm_content=20180227

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    DSG did carry ARs here in TX, I saw them. I have had little to no inclination to shop there. Our youth baseball league had a special 20% off coupon to use last saturday. We went and looked, but everything was so poorly priced that the 20% didn't help. I'm not a big boycotter per se, but they are definitely on my sh1t list now for this stunt....

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    To my Book of Faces page I just posted:

This is an unprincipled exercise in pandering. What happens when the next rifle used in a shooting is a high-power single-shot hunting rifle? They’ll be coming for those next. And don’t forget shotguns, those machines of death. Doesn’t matter that they have lawful uses, and are only dangerous in the hands of dangerous individuals. Ban ‘em! Oh, but we’re firm supporters of the Second Amendment. You’ll just have to exercise it elsewhere. And believe me, Dick’s, I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I'm not a big boycotter per se, but they are definitely on my sh1t list now for this stunt....

See the link in the post before yours. Way more than a stunt. They are actively advocating for semi-automatic long guns to be banned. No doubt including Fudd guns like semi-automatic shotguns. Let's not allow DSG to play word games. It's a safe bet DSG wants *ALL* semi-automatic long guns banned, if not right now then eventually. Apparently, they cannot comprehend 2A.

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    didn't Wal-Mart do the same thing years ago? i haven't seen a evil AR for sale there in years... but they do sell Ruger Mini's.....

so would it really be that all that bad if the rest of the Nation did like our People's Republic of Maryland and put AR's in the handgun category??? we may have to face it some of our youth is not adult enough to own one....

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Dick’s stopped selling “assault rifles”, since Sandy Hook. I haven’t shopped there much since then.
    I only bought stuff that was on sale and the manufacturer had a rebate. After this news, I’m totally done with them. Like others have said ammo can be found cheaper, at a lot of other places anyways. F them, I hope they fail.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    The CEO in his interview stated he supports the 2A. What Bovine Excrement. That has become the standard line “I support the 2A but.....”

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    didn't Wal-Mart do the same thing years ago? i haven't seen a evil AR for sale there in years... but they do sell Ruger Mini's.....

so would it really be that all that bad if the rest of the Nation did like our People's Republic of Maryland and put AR's in the handgun category??? we may have to face it some of our youth is not adult enough to own one....

REALLY?
    Maryland didn’t put AR’s in the handgun category, they banned them except the HBAR. With your logic, the LAs Vegas shooter was in his 60’s, so some of “those people” are not responsible enough either. See the problem with your thinking?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    All these big corp.s are doing things when there is no pressure to do anything . The NRA thing was so behind the scenes it was not on the radar . It is truly baffling to me on why they put themselves right smack in the middle of things . SMH

Livingthedream

Feb 20, 2017
    I dont understand either. They are companys that cater to people in the gun community and they are voicing their opions against guns. Why would you push away customers to make people that would never shop there happy?

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I've bought a couple guns from Dick's before. I guess I won't be shopping there anymore. Shame I don't have a Cabelas nearby.

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017
    I have been to a few Dicks over the years in NoVa, never saw guns being sold there, maybe I wasn't look at the right places. All I saw was merchandise being sold at full MSRP, that should be a bigger concern for Dicks, not selling guns or not.

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Why aggravate yourself at Dick's when you can shop Sportsman's Guide online, free shipping $49 or over and no tax?

Dick's got me once and it's funny. Saw a nice looking trout net high up on a shelf and it had a red price sticker $30.00. So I kind of wanted one and figured this one was on sale. Pulled it down and inspected it, nice quality and it's on sale. Took it home and carefully removed the red "sale" sticker to see how much I saved. Like playing a lottery scratch off ticket the excitement was high. The old price was $28.00! They got me.

I have carried that net and it was well worth the money in saved fish one a 5 lb 5 oz. largemouth my eight year old hooked.

Anyway Sportsman's Guide is my new bestest friend.

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    Dick's hunting section has started to go downhill more and more in recent years and the gun selection has never been inspiring anyway. The turkey hunting gear selection in particular has been awful. I won't miss them.

Besides, we can make our own ARs thanks to the Ghost Gunner 2 and similar.

I am curious though how they will decide which semi-auto firearm is an "assault weapon" and which is not. There is no federal definition and only the anti-gun states have definitions so I guess it will be the scary looking ones.

I am done with Dick's in any case and I just emailed them to let them know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom