Attachments

• Homer-Simpson-wingnuts-doh.gif
      Homer-Simpson-wingnuts-doh.gif
      14 KB · Views: 150

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I purchased this from 22mods4all. It came packaged together with the Shockwave ATF letter and everything. It was all sealed in a plastic bag. Looked like the "unboxing" vids on You Tube.

I had one of those in my "cart" last week and backed out of buying it. Glad I did. And as far as sealed bags...people can seal bags up and unless you pay attention or are looking for it, you will never know it was "resealed". Inmates do it all of the time with everything from Ramen noodles to bags of tuna to conceal contraband. And with what little they have to work with, they do a damn good job.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    22mods4all emailed me back, check this out:
    ------------------------
    Is it the white and black piston that is causing the problems. We would be happy to replace it for you.

Regards,
    22Mods4All/Scorpion Armaments
    Customer service
    -------------

Black and white piston?!! WTF!!! What did these people do before they sold AR parts? Tupperware parties? Really??

LS1

Jun 19, 2010
    Not So Free State
    Watch out for the KAK pistol buffer tube too. Mine is horribly rough inside, they acknowledged the issue but never replaced it. I have tried to get them to send me one that is machined correctly for several months, they claim they are all machined incorrectly. I just get the runaround from them.

2nd=Good+Substantial

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2012
    The Hereford Zone
    Watch out for the KAK pistol buffer tube too. Mine is horribly rough inside, they acknowledged the issue but never replaced it. I have tried to get them to send me one that is machined correctly for several months, they claim they are all machined incorrectly. I just get the runaround from them.

Are you talking about the real KAK tube? I just checked mine and the inside seems fine compared to others..

Attachments

• IMG_20161201_092532852.jpg
      IMG_20161201_092532852.jpg
      55.2 KB · Views: 121
    • IMG_20161201_092951499.jpg
      IMG_20161201_092951499.jpg
      44.7 KB · Views: 118

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012

I'd polish it myself before I bothered shipping it back. A hand drill, a wooden dowel rod, some fine sandpaper and a shot of WD40 is all it takes.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I'd polish it myself before I bothered shipping it back. A hand drill, a wooden dowel rod, some fine sandpaper and a shot of WD40 is all it takes.

IMO polishing the anodizing off of aluminum in areas where friction happens is a bad idea. Bare aluminum is not good for an areas where spring oscillation, bolt, amd buffer travel happens.

I would trash that thing before I polished an operational surface.

LS1

Jun 19, 2010
    Not So Free State
    Here's what mine looks like, I agree with clandestine, I would not polish it:

31372170745_b480aff012.jpg

Definitely headed to the junk pile, just don't know what to replace it with?

Last edited:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Here's what mine looks like, I agree with clandestine, I would not polish it:

MJ0RRKQvAqLzT43CyY8CFfSWhz8OP7TcoUT_mtfYWf53rWcoVw3KHwXZ8cs1NAnM9X-LoQQcpoTn4a5P4fPp_yzwBTbdodB8dKwxsTcWHdCStejvAUDcl-28nN63YtkA6MQCceI-Jl6ogQgA63ezYMBx0zIuiQl-9YIdcAuohxz70lCEUUUYQQCrJQiA6vV5ogNouVtf_0Ei2LxNJHRhGp-4teNhvTiSRNGIFdsW1R9B-tJRnebSMcDZ3wxEScHFKIpDznA8dOjD88ZZg3IrwiNqQv6Cg5h6iZFfnSAE706QtZftkhlZ9UxCcK5oHgTAxqcWvbX7kIOo5JxLIujcfGIsAiGN6A6nNGXhganFm-nS4MXwpA0ugNiffdSypLESDphUGy81Fl6OBFpcKLZMEOw0-xMkJdbmgahb9e_fLSCDUeehYtFiQh99VcbpVhZqAM2-oYJhwnrezf7GB8qK-DCFHBZiqTUHIDyoCUv3enGQ3hGYHkXdMa2Ivf_hjHeDkLmw7k2WZw3_Teh_yzWdK4_1lcN5-QU896UQz9qlPrKTsMfwAmxkQo_KKQXolimTWD7PM5HF2Ma5OqI3Qh2FoR8x16I_sAf3EMAe9cdwze1YD8BC=w234-h256-no

Definitely headed to the junk pile, just don't know what to replace it with?

Any pistol buffer tube would work, even with the blade. [EDIT - at least I have seen You Tubes where guys have attached these to standard pistol tubes] I ordered a pistol buffer kit from PSA, if for not other reason, to have the option of a plain tube if the blade does not work out.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Any pistol buffer tube would work, even with the blade. [EDIT - at least I have seen You Tubes where guys have attached these to standard pistol tubes] I ordered a pistol buffer kit from PSA, if for not other reason, to have the option of a plain tube if the blade does not work out.

I'm not sure if there is a difference. I ordered the model that "mounts on standard pistol tubes". You might want to give KAK a call or email before throwing more money down the AR hole.

jimboman2000

Jan 9, 2014
    Cecil!
    Hey all,

I ordered the same product direct from KAK and it was a big difference. The buffer, spring, inside of the tube, end plate, all felt as though they were made at two different places. The stamp with the KAK logo was bold and deep on the ones from KAK and barely legible on the ones from 22mods4all. I called and did the RMA and after some polite conversation it was agreed that if I wrote a letter stating why I didn't want the product I could get a refund by check. Hopefully that all comes through in the next week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom