• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaronbloyer

Jun 13, 2019
    Does anyone know if I can go somewhere and get my PA ccw in one day? I currently have an app on my desk for York county. They said to send it in and then they will call me to come pick it up. Anyone do it in one day? I know you have to have a permit for your current state (Working on that)

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Yes... I did it in Adam's County ( Gettysburg) sent app in with all required information and copies of MD ccw. Got approved letter a week later to come take my picture and pick up card. $20 in and out 20 minutes. $4 to park.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    As far as I can tell, you can no longer walk in with the application and walk out with a permit same-day.

Best bet is to send the application by mail and they will call you to pick up your permit a couple days later.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Yes no County in PA does that anymore. Adam's... You can print out app online... Fill out and send it in with ur copies or MD driver's license an MD CCW. They will mail back ur approval letter! Once you have that... Then you can walk in and walk out. You will walk in with letter and get picture taken, pay $20 and walk out with new card to carry a firearm in PA.

andy41567

Oct 1, 2018
    Here's the thing... I live there 31 years and when I moved here my permit was still good. Once it's expired I could not renew until I had my MD ccw. So I had heard it was super easy to just drive up and do it same day. Hell I even know a couple of guys who did that back in September. But when I started to call around in March of this year to do just that. I found none of the 9 countries I called would do same day service... But the ones that use to would only do same day service by appointment. When I asked for the next available appointment... They were 6 weeks out. I thought well shit... Adam's was just about a 2 week trun around. So that's what I did. Filled out app... Sent it in... 11 days later got letter... Drove up next day... Good to go. I asked why some stopped doing the same day service and they said that some back ground checks did not come back right away and it took anywhere from 2 to 24 hours to get an approval. So there may be other countries that do same day. But i gave up trying to find one after 9 calls.

bobwilley

MD Wear/Carry Permit G19
    Feb 4, 2018
    Delmarva Peninsula

shadow116

2nd Class Citizen
    Feb 28, 2008
    Emmitsburg
    As far as I can tell, you can no longer walk in with the application and walk out with a permit same-day.

Best bet is to send the application by mail and they will call you to pick up your permit a couple days later.
    Oh yes you can get your permit the same day.

I filled out the application and printed it out at home, parked in front of and walked into Adams County Courthouse at 3:15.

Walked out of the courthouse, down to the Gettysburg square, and found an ATM. Cause they only take cash and check for the fee.

Walked back to the courthouse, and through security for the 2nd time. Down the elevator again, had my picture taken and handed over the cash.

Walked out of the courthouse with my PA LCTF, and was back home before 4PM. This was back in mid-April.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom