• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Can anyone recommend a home surveillance camera system that won’t break the bank? I’ve browsed several, and although the wireless seems easy and convenient, they also seem easy and convenient to hack. I’m thinking maybe a hardwired system.

Thank you

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Ring is one of the cameras that I’ve read about being hacked.

Everything can be hacked.

Put it somewhere out of voice range and not pointing at you when you are nude.

I haven't found any non professional units that work well at night. Still images look good but with movement they are terrible.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Everything can be hacked.

Put it somewhere it is voice range and not pointing at you when you are nude.

I haven't found any non professional units that work well at night. Still images look good but with movement they are terrible.

My night images are fantastic.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    You don't have to share to the internet. My system is wireless and secure. Come and break it. :D

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Can anyone recommend a home surveillance camera system that won’t break the bank? I’ve browsed several, and although the wireless seems easy and convenient, they also seem easy and convenient to hack. I’m thinking maybe a hardwired system.

Thank you

I use the Netgear Arlo Pro wireless system. It activates almost instantly when it detects motion or sound and sends an audible alert and video to your mobile device and PC. It also has two-way voice capability so you can interact without opening a door. The videos are archived on-line and can be downloaded. The batteries are rechargeable. They hold a charge for weeks at a time. The more images they record, the more often they need recharging. You can use up to five cameras at no cost. For more than that there is a fee.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Depending on your own abilities to set it up, I like the Ubiquiti UniFi series. It's $230 for good quality 1080p cameras and then you can use a desktop computer to install the recording software on or get a dedicated network video recorder. You would also need a PoE network switch to power the cameras which can be had for cheap if you want to.

If you just want a full system that is plug and play AND cheap maybe this isn't for you, but I think UniFi is a great platform.

Hansum

Feb 14, 2019
    If you have Comcast service, their home security system is decent and cheap. I haven't had any false alarms. The system is easy to use. One drawback I'll mention is if your internet service is cut, the camera footage is cut too. It will not record like a discrete security dvr. Also, they make you pay in installments for the equipment but they do end of life upgrades and battery swaps for free.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom