• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    I respectfully disagree. Obamacare has cost $billion$ since it was passed, new taxes are being collected, hundreds of thousands of pages of new regulations have been written, hundreds of new agencies and bureaucracies have been created, thousands of people have been hired (and fired.)

Everyone knows this is a SCOTUS case. The Court masturbated.

I think your view is smart and I agree in principle. We are some of the people who are directly affected by the recent changes. It is costing our firm a lot of coin. I want ObamaCare repealed and replaced with something else.

That said, the states pretty much challenged the individual mandate. It is the weakest link in the whole chain. If it fails, the rest of it falls. The individual mandate does not take effect until 2014. That means SCOTUS has time for that claim. The AGs opposed to the act are attacking the thing they can win; not the entirety of the law.

I am patient, even when it costs us many thousands of dollars per year that are better spent on research and development.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    That said, the states pretty much challenged the individual mandate. It is the weakest link in the whole chain. If it fails, the rest of it falls. The individual mandate does not take effect until 2014. That means SCOTUS has time for that claim. The AGs opposed to the act are attacking the thing they can win; not the entirety of the law.

So, does that mean if the one piece fails Constitutional muster, the whole thing dies? If so, what happens with the parts already being executed?

Last edited:

Splitter

R.I.P.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    So, does that mean if the one peace fails Constitutional muster, the whole thing dies? If so, what happens with the parts already being executed?

The Democrats wrote the bill in such a way that it is all or nothing. They did that to "safeguard' the bill against a piecemeal attack by the Republicans (that's how the Dems normally attack things like gun rights).

They COULD have written the in such a way that it would have withstood the elimination of the individual mandate but they chose to go the other way.

Maybe they should have read the bill before they passed it...

Splitter

ezliving

Besieger
    Oct 9, 2008
    Undisclosed Secure Location
    I think your view is smart and I agree in principle. We are some of the people who are directly affected by the recent changes. It is costing our firm a lot of coin. I want ObamaCare repealed and replaced with something else.

I am patient, even when it costs us many thousands of dollars per year that are better spent on research and development.
    Point, well taken.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Attachments

• trap.JPG
      trap.JPG
      25.1 KB · Views: 283
    Status
    Not open for further replies.