• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Meanwhile..... my permit was issued in Lancaster County, no clue why York is involved at all.

Maybe a call to them is in order? Just to quell ones curiosity. Since it does seem odd that one county is sticking its nose into another county's business, unless York deems itself the "permit police."

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Maybe a call to them is in order? Just to quell ones curiosity. Since it does seem odd that one county is sticking its nose into another county's business, unless York deems itself the "permit police."
    I left a VM. Called all three numbers I could find for them, no one answered.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just got a hold of someone, they said to just send in a copy of my permit and State DL. Nice guy on the other end, pleasant and informative.

Meanwhile I barely slept last night, wondering why in the hell I getting registered mail from the Sheriffs Dept.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Just make sure you send them a copy of ur renewed permit when ur MD permit expires or expect a really irritated phone call demanding u return ur PA permit

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Just make sure you send them a copy of ur renewed permit when ur MD permit expires or expect a really irritated phone call demanding u return ur PA permit
    Oh.... I got much worse. A threatening letter sent Certified. Essentially outlines how long you're going to be incarcerated and what the fine is.

Thank you to the Republican Congress andTrump for National reciprocity. I don't have a PA driver's license but I'm able to drive my car into their State.......

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Just got a hold of someone, they said to just send in a copy of my permit and State DL. Nice guy on the other end, pleasant and informative.

Meanwhile I barely slept last night, wondering why in the hell I getting registered mail from the Sheriffs Dept.

Pa gives everyone who is a non res Pa permit holder a letter telling them that it is their responsibility to notify Pa when they renew their home state CCW. Failure to notify and update their files causes them to issue the letter revoking the non res permit on the date of the holder's home state CCW expiration.

I have had to go through the process myself. I use an APP on my phone called "Genius Scan"...
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genius-scan-pdf-scanner/id377672876?mt=8

Upon renewal of my home state CCW... I take a picture of my home state CCW... it converts it to a pdf... and I e-mail that directly to the Sergeant in York Co. SD who handles renewal and compliance issues for their permits.

No issues with the process from them yet.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    They told me to snail mail copies, which I did this afternoon.

This is no-doubt my fault. Certified mail was a little over the top, but, must be their procedure I guess. I honestly forgot all about letting them know.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    You might not need to mail the application. Call them and ask if they can process them on the spot. I did that for Adams County and they told me what times were good to show up. I handed my application to the clerk along with a copy of my resident permit and the $20 and she handed me my PA nonresident in seven minutes.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Pa gives everyone who is a non res Pa permit holder a letter telling them that it is their responsibility to notify Pa when they renew their home state CCW. Failure to notify and update their files causes them to issue the letter revoking the non res permit on the date of the holder's home state CCW expiration.

I have had to go through the process myself. I use an APP on my phone called "Genius Scan"...

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genius-scan-pdf-scanner/id377672876?mt=8

Upon renewal of my home state CCW... I take a picture of my home state CCW... it converts it to a pdf... and I e-mail that directly to the Sergeant in York Co. SD who handles renewal and compliance issues for their permits.

No issues with the process from them yet.
    Even though it is the law, one county at least could care less. Never got a letter like you mention. I do know it is the law, however that's only because it was mentioned elsewhere here on MDS, so I checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom