• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Yep you're wrong. It could have been that way in the past but not anymore. I have a feeling that's going to change soon though

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, located the following ruling in 2017

In a letter dated March 21, 2017, ATF reexamines its earlier position, which stated that shouldering a PSB-equipped firearm could constitute the making of an unregistered short-barreled rifle under the National Firearms Act (NFA). ATF now states:

“With respect to stabilizing braces, ATF has concluded that attaching the brace to a handgun as a forearm brace does not ‘make’ a short-barreled firearm because … it is not intended to be and cannot comfortably be fired from the shoulder.” The letter continues: “Therefore, an NFA firearm has not necessarily been made when the device is not re-configured for use as a shoulder stock — even if the attached firearm happens to be fired from the shoulder.”

http://soldiersystems.net/2017/04/26/atf-clarifies-ruling-on-pistol-stabilizing-braces/

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I'm guessing the Tac-13 requires an HQL, like the Shockwave.

If I had to do it again I would get the Shockwave instead. Mainly because of the ergonomics/location of the action release on the 870. Then there is the cost of adding a +1 extension, a sling or grip to forearm of TAC, etc.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    If I had to do it again I would get the Shockwave instead. Mainly because of the ergonomics/location of the action release on the 870. Then there is the cost of adding a +1 extension, a sling or grip to forearm of TAC, etc.

The TAC-13 is 5+1 with hand strap.

Is it possible you are confusing the TAC-14 & TAC-13, or am I in left field?

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    The TAC-13 is 5+1 with hand strap.

Is it possible you are confusing the TAC-14 & TAC-13, or am I in left field?

I completely missed that part I was referring to TAC 14. I haven’t kept up with them since, didn’t realize they even released a new one!

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The Mossberg Shockwave models are on the handgun roster but I don't see any entries for Remington. Are the approvals pending? Or will you have to submit a sample?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom