• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    It looks like I'm going to be there. I know I won't have trouble finding you, Norton. :D Spot77, I'll bring your beer, although I'm not sure where you will be parked. I don't think they will appreciate it if I bring a six pack to the hearing, although we might need it.

I'll be getting there late because I can't miss any more school. You'll see me though when I come bumbling in

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I's nedz 2 git payd, thow.....

Oh come on, there's thousands of people getting "paid" all over the DC and Baltimore metro areas that have never worked a day in their life! You don't need to work, just get in line. ;)

Seriously though, I'm just glad that I can make it to at least one hearing this year. My work schedule this year has been like a sine wave, with the past hearings falling at the peaks. I just happen to be in a trough right now.

Last edited:

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Ok, I must be having a premature "Senior Moment"

The Schedule for today lists the bill under Judicial Proceeding as does the bill text.

This is the same committee that has held hearing for SB 43 and a buch of others this year.

PLEASE correct me is I'm wrong

SENATE JUDICIAL PROCEEDINGS

1:00 P.M.

SB 761 Sen Hooper, et Crimes - Self-Defense - No Duty to Retreat or Seek
    al Safety by Escape
    SB 762 Sen Hooper, et Public Safety - Handgun Permits - Repeal of
    al Finding Requirement
    SB 763 Sen Hooper, et Drugged Driving - Test - Police Officers
    al
    SB 800 Sen Jacobs Drunk and Drugged Driving - Refusal to Take a
    Blood or Breath Test - Prohibition
    SB 807 Sen Dyson Property Protection Act of 2007
    SB 808 Sen Dyson Legal Research Committee for the Chesapeake Ranch
    Estates Homeowners Association
    SB 835 Sen Muse, et Judgments - Appeals - Supersedeas Bond
    al
    SB 847 Sen Hooper, et Vehicle Laws - Driver's License Renewals - Inmates
    al

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I will be thinking of you guys while you guys are there, We should Be pushing and I have already sumbit my last emails to those people to let them know that I support for the CCW...

Lets hope that it pass and so that we can obtain it for our rights !

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    Does anyone know where the hearing will be held in relation to where it was held last year? I don't know the area at all and last year I spent an hour walking around trying to figure out where the heck I was.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Does anyone know where the hearing will be held in relation to where it was held last year? I don't know the area at all and last year I spent an hour walking around trying to figure out where the heck I was.

If I am correct it will be in the Miller Building on the 2nd floor.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I will be there & Testify! I will be Parking at Navy-Marine Corp Stadium! Any plan for members of this Board to meet-up in Annapolis today?

Folks usually meet in the building where the hearing is to be held where the sign in sheets are....I'll be there with stickers...

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Folks, the Judicial Hearing is CHOCK FULL of good bills that I believe like minded folks on this forum will support.

We all Know about

SB 761 Crimes - Self-Defense - No Duty to Retreat or Seek Safety by Escape

SB 762 Public Safety - Handgun Permits - Repeal of Finding Requirement

But there is also

SB 807

Entitled:
    Property Protection Act of 2007

Synopsis:

Proposing amendments to the Maryland Constitution to limit the condemnation of private property under specified circumstances; defining "public use"; generally relating to the laws authorizing private property to be taken for public use after payment of just compensation; and submitting the amendment to the qualified voters of the State of Maryland for their adoption or rejection.

I think its safe to say that we ALL should sign in to support all three of these bills

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    ann_map.gif

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I think that you are right jpk1md. According the gun bill status page, SB762 is listed as "Re-referred Judicial Proceedings".

Which means i wasted my effort at sending the bill to the Rules Committee where it was originally scheduled to be heard.

:mad54:

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    My Gut tells me that SBs 761 & 762 will die in Committee. Nothing at the Hearings today left me with any optimism! I did enjoy watching the faces of the Senators when they were called to the carpet by Citizens for a vote on these Bills! :thumbsup: They had the Vice-Chair squirming. :clap::rofl: Frosh had left the Committe Room and there was enough to constitute a Quorum. Wishful in that this wasn't our only shot for this Session, again I'm not feeling optimistic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom