• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Conaso

May 17, 2014
    Alexandria, VA
    I have an elderly friend in MD who wishes to gift to me 3 or 4 hunting rifles, 22LR 10/22) and the rest CF. No ARs, no handguns, don't know more than that.

Problem is I'm in VA. FFLs need to be involved?

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    unless the guns are C&R eligible and you have a C&R license they have to go through an ffl. Its very possible that they could be over 50 years old and C&R eligible if they are coming from an elderly person.

Conaso

May 17, 2014
    Alexandria, VA
    What about his donating the weapons to a MD gun club/non-profit that offers youth training, e.g., Izaak Walton League, etc? They can raffle them. I don't want to have him give them to the police and have them destroyed. I was going to donate them to IWL in his name.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Well, if you ask Delegate Atterbeary, there is an out of state loophole for long gun transfers.

lol, not really. Unless you want to be a criminal. :sad20:

Delegate A. didn't even answer questions about her own bill (hb786) in committee. That's probably because she didn't write it. That should tell anyone how much she knows about loopholes.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    What about his donating the weapons to a MD gun club/non-profit that offers youth training, e.g., Izaak Walton League, etc? They can raffle them. I don't want to have him give them to the police and have them destroyed. I was going to donate them to IWL in his name.

If you just want to make a donation why not just sell them and donate the money. That would be easier than the iwl having to do something with them

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom