• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    Just got this email from one of my delegates back tonight. I originally e-mailed on Feb 21.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Dear [schnauzr],

Thank you for your email. It does not appear that either HB 612 or SB 737 will advance this session, as neither were voted upon in committee prior to Monday's deadline for bills to pass out of the House.

Best,
    Delegate Julie Palakovich Carr
    District 17
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-

So according to this it would appear Ivey's HBAR ban and the LGQL are both dead....

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Just got this email from one of my delegates back tonight. I originally e-mailed on Feb 21.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Dear [schnauzr],

Thank you for your email. It does not appear that either HB 612 or SB 737 will advance this session, as neither were voted upon in committee prior to Monday's deadline for bills to pass out of the House.

Best,
    District 17
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-

So according to this it would appear Ivey's HBAR ban and the LGQL are both dead....

SB0737 was the crossfile for HB0786, which made it across the aisle from House to Senate, where it still sits in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.

Nothing is truly dead until midnight 8 April (Sine Die), but chances of HB0612 are growing slim. But don't worry, it'll probably be reborn next year.:sad20:

Last edited:

schnauzr

Bark Bark!
    Jun 6, 2016
    MoCo
    SB0737 was the crossfile for HB0740, which made it across the aisle from House to Senate, where it still sits in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.

Nothing is truly dead until midnight 8 April (Sine Die), but chances of HB0612 are growing slim. But don't worry, it'll probably be reborn next year.:sad20:
    Gotcha, thanks for the additional info on this!

Dave Taylor

May 29, 2012

-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Dear [schnauzr],

Best,
    District 17
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-

That response looks as if HB 612 and SB 737 are slated for definite yearly rebirth till the MD GA freezes over.

Clovis

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 1, 2011
    Centreville
    SB0737 was the crossfile for HB0768, which made it across the aisle from House to Senate, where it still sits in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee.

Not to be a pain, but HB0786 is the right #.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Not to be a pain, but HB0786 is the right #.

Yup. Too much stress these days to remember that stuff accurately.

If SJPC decides to punt on HB786 and HB0730 for this year and revisit next session, that may really be to our advantage. We should have a SCOTUS decision in the NY transport case by then.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    SB0737 is still sitting in the Senate Judiciary committee along with SB882. They could move, or they could end the session in that state. They could also be withdrawn.

Their companion cross-files are HB0786 and HB0740, and they are also sitting in the Senate Judiciary committee. So, if you want to know about these two, you have a one stop shopping at the moment. Feel free to write to Judiciary committee senators. I sent two handwritten notes to a couple of them today.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    SB0737 is still sitting in the Senate Judiciary committee along with SB882. They could move, or they could end the session in that state. They could also be withdrawn.

Their companion cross-files are HB0786 and HB0740, and they are also sitting in the Senate Judiciary committee. So, if you want to know about these two, you have a one stop shopping at the moment. Feel free to write to Judiciary committee senators. I sent two handwritten notes to a couple of them today.

i got this just now from michael hough about hb740 and hb786 when i asked if they were likely to move.

"JPR is taking up the Senate version of the bills this week. If they pass out of committee, they are going to be heavily amended from what the House sent over."

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    i got this just now from michael hough about hb740 and hb786 when i asked if they were likely to move.

"JPR is taking up the Senate version of the bills this week. If they pass out of committee, they are going to be heavily amended from what the House sent over."

Well, that isn't good news. Silver lining in the cloud is that IF they pass through, they WILL be heavily amended. I'm guessing that one of those amendments would be a grandfathering clause. Still not going to go on an HBAR spending spree until that bill is actually passed.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Well, that isn't good news. Silver lining in the cloud is that IF they pass through, they WILL be heavily amended. I'm guessing that one of those amendments would be a grandfathering clause. Still not going to go on an HBAR spending spree until that bill is actually passed.

the response from hough wasn't in response to the hbar ban. I know thats this thread but the previous reply was talking about hb 740 and hb786 which are in the senate. 612 has still never moved from the house.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    the response from hough wasn't in response to the hbar ban. I know thats this thread but the previous reply was talking about hb 740 and hb786 which are in the senate. 612 has still never moved from the house.

Ah, I missed that. My apologies. Think we already knew for a couple weeks now that 740 (ghost gun ban) and 786 (UBC) have been heavily amended. 786 is no longer a UBC and licensing bill. I guess we shall see what happens.

Delegate Hough is a good guy.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Ah, I missed that. My apologies. Think we already knew for a couple weeks now that 740 (ghost gun ban) and 786 (UBC) have been heavily amended. 786 is no longer a UBC and licensing bill. I guess we shall see what happens.

hopefully hough can amend them further than the house did.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Former Delegate...he is now in his second term as a Senator.

Steve_Zissou

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2017
    Baltimore City
    I'm honestly more worried about 740 than I am about any HBAR ban. I can always throw piston uppers on my ARs if I need to shoot 5.56 in-state, but a ban on 80% builds will really put a cramp on some HK and AK74 build projects that I have queued up.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'm honestly more worried about 740 than I am about any HBAR ban. I can always throw piston uppers on my ARs if I need to shoot 5.56 in-state, but a ban on 80% builds will really put a cramp on some HK and AK74 build projects that I have queued up.

if it gets amended the same as the house or better you should have no problems.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands

hopefully they get delayed long enough and amended enough that both the houses cant agree to one bill before sin die.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom