• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    First of all if your not a member of MSI stop what your doing and join NOW. Second, when you are at a gun show stop by the booth and drop some cash in the donation can. Even though my bride and I work at the gun shows we also make sure that a twenty hits the donation can every time we show up. For the folks that don't know not a dime is spent on paying personnel for all their time and effort that they put in fighting for our rights. Many folks put multiple hours in on a daily basis to keep this organization running and if you can't donate time to help at least put some cash in to help out. Five bucks goes a long way in the fight for our second amendment freedom's! For the one that donate to the cause I thank you!
    . I speak for myself.

Agree. I will add the MSI web site to make it easier to accomplish.

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    MDPVG sent the following email out yesterday:
    MDPVG said:
    Last week, the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee heard our bill to strengthen child access prevention. It's time they heard from us to help move Senate Bill 441 out of committee and on to the floor for a vote!

MPGV and March For our Lives MD have been fighting to pass this important bill to prevent tragedies like those last March at Great Mills High School. The shooter who killed Jaelynn Willey and injured one other student acquired the gun from his father. In addition to school shootings, preventing youth from gaining access to firearms can prevent suicides and unintentional shootings. We must strengthen our laws to ensure the safety of our children.

Senate Bill 441 will:

Increase the age of a child from 'under 16' to 'under 18';
    Establish language clarifications for effective enforcement; and
    Add a potential graduated criminal penalty for noncompliance (existing penalty is only a minimal fine)

Call members of the Judicial Proceedings Committee to show your support for Senate Bill 441. (Senator Will Smith, the Vice Chair on JPR, is the lead sponsor, so you can skip his office!)

Sample Script:

Senator _________ , my name is __________ and I support Senate Bill 441: Child Access Prevention. Almost one year after the tragic Great Mills shooting, it is imperative that we strengthen Maryland's child access prevention laws. Not only will it help reduce community and school shootings, but youth suicide and unintentional shootings. I urge the Senator to support the bill and fight for its passage! Thank you for your support!

If you live in any of the Senator's district, be sure to mention that!

Chairman Bobby Zirkin 410-841-3131

Senator Jill Carter 410-841-3697

Senator Bob Cassilly 410-841-3158

Senator Katie Fry Hester 410-841-3671

Senator Michael Hough 410-841-3704

Senator Susan Lee 410-841-3124

Senator Justin Ready 410-841-3683

Senator Jeff Waldstreicher 410-841-3137

Senator Mary Washington 410-841-3145

Senator Chris West 410-841-3648

Thank you for all you do!

Short simple and to the point.

I personally think MSI needs to be sending these out to everyone on their mailing list whether they are a member or not.

DivingDriver

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 14, 2016
    Nanjemoy MD
    Good point. Clear and concise to the point. I would add that a mailing address be included for the folks that are incline to write to their legislator. Some folks are intimated in the beginning in the process of contacting their representatives. Let's make this happen!!

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Here in Colorado, I'm a member of the local 2A group Rocky Mountain Gun Owners. Colorado has a red flag bill in the House this year. Today in the mail I received a packet from RMGO with pre-written post cards to my elected officials all the way up to Gov Polis telling them I oppose the red flag bill. I only have to sign them, put on a stamp, and drop them in my mailbox.

MSI should do this for Maryland legislation. RMGO also enclose a donation request form and of course I'll make a donation in exchange for this convenience.

This seems like an excellent idea. I guess in the age of email, we've lost sight of the impact and importance of receiving an item that someone had to actually take the time to stamp and drop off at the post office. I'm all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom