• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Researching if a particular firearm is banned or not by the MSP,,
    The best thing to do is contact the MSP,, Nope!

(From the MSP website)
    "If you are considering the purchase of a firearm and are unsure if the firearm is banned, contact the Maryland Regulated Firearms Dealer you are utilizing for your purchase. Maryland regulated firearms dealers are best suited to answer questions about the various types of firearms available. If your regulated firea​rms dealer is unable to provide assistance, contact the firearms manufacturer to obtain additional information about the weapon."

Well that clears it up!

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    large.jpg

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    My personal faves: is it garand? Good to go. Is it a garand with a box mag? BANNED! Does it look like a G3? BANNED! Look like a G3 but shoot 7.62x39? Good to go. Is it an AK??? BANNED!! BUT NOT ALWAYS! 30 round mags legal? Of course! Can i buy them in state? Hell no, what are you some kind of monster??

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    My personal faves: is it garand? Good to go. Is it a garand with a box mag? BANNED! Does it look like a G3? BANNED! Look like a G3 but shoot 7.62x39? Good to go. Is it an AK??? BANNED!! BUT NOT ALWAYS! 30 round mags legal? Of course! Can i buy them in state? Hell no, what are you some kind of monster??

Add to that such clarifying things as, is an AR legal, only if it is stamped HBAR... for now... how about an SKS... not if it has a removable mag... how about a mini-14? Not if it has one of those increadbly deadly folding stocks. Add to that an AK semi auto rifle is too dangerous to own in MD, but an AK pistol or a full auto Kalashnikov are okydokey.

My advice is don't try to make sense of it... it is a fool's errand.

DetectiveWildman

Feb 27, 2018
    All i really want Maryland is an M1A. Let me have one and ill leave all the people on this board alone woth my incessant questions!

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Add to that such clarifying things as, is an AR legal, only if it is stamped HBAR... for now... how about an SKS... not if it has a removable mag... how about a mini-14? Not if it has one of those increadbly deadly folding stocks. Add to that an AK semi auto rifle is too dangerous to own in MD, but an AK pistol or a full auto Kalashnikov are okydokey.

My advice is don't try to make sense of it... it is a fool's errand.

After a few (OK, many) drinks it may get a little clearer. Or not. But at least you'll feel better about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom