• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Which sounds like something the guy who tried to kill a bunch of Republicans playing baseball would have said. It's not helpful, except to the Democrats who point to comments like that to show why they're so right on this topic.

Whatever. It’s only the dimocRats who actually do the shooting. But sometime it will come to that but I guess you’ll just hand them over.

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    I hope you're right. This should be in the National 2A subforum and not MD 2A then.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I kinda think so. Also you have to remember one thing. The local media hasn't really said a peep about any of the gun bills in the state house because if they did the state house has a chance of being overrun by the end of the session. Congress is equipped for protests, the Maryland general assembly doesn't want 50-100k Marylanders to contend with.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I kinda think so. Also you have to remember one thing. The local media hasn't really said a peep about any of the gun bills in the state house because if they did the state house has a chance of being overrun by the end of the session. Congress is equipped for protests, the Maryland general assembly doesn't want 50-100k Marylanders to contend with.
    That's an excellent point. Reporting on the proposed legislation would probably be the biggest and most effective outreach that we could do. I don't think any local pro-2A organization has the money to run TV commercials and these get even less attention than news stories.

News stories about the protests on Feb 25/27 would be great, but the news media actually alerting citizens right now before these dates (so those on both sides of the issue are informed) would be great. You're probably correct in your cynicism.

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    That's an excellent point. Reporting on the proposed legislation would probably be the biggest and most effective outreach that we could do. I don't think any local pro-2A organization has the money to run TV commercials and these get even less attention than news stories.

News stories about the protests on Feb 25/27 would be great, but the news media actually alerting citizens right now before these dates (so those on both sides of the issue are informed) would be great. You're probably correct in your cynicism.

Anyone from msi or other groups reach out to Nino Mangione? Cause the fact his family owns wcbm 680 could get a message out.

Which sounds like something the guy who tried to kill a bunch of Republicans playing baseball would have said. It's not helpful, except to the Democrats who point to comments like that to show why they're so right on this topic.

And hence the Paradox of the law-abiding gun owners. Keep your mouth shut they'll take them away open your mouth they'll point you out as dangerous. So what's it going to be? You going to let them take them away? Personally I want them to know that if they go too far they will be on the receiving end of What I own. Do I think it will make them think twice about passing illegal infringement? Maybe. I do feel that it's only fair to warn someone that their actions could be the cause of their demise. Second Amendment supporters have been fighting this fight in this state forever 30 years and every year we hold our breath and we wait to see what kind of draconian gun control laws that going to pass this session. This year seems to be the biggest in recent memory. Even bigger than 2013 and yet again we have a bunch of supposed Second Amendment supporters quaking in their boots. During the American Revolution only 3% of the colonies participated in fighting the British. I can see it's going to end up being about the same percentage this time if the proverbial poop hits the fan.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    And hence the Paradox of the law-abiding gun owners. Keep your mouth shut they'll take them away open your mouth they'll point you out as dangerous. So what's it going to be? You going to let them take them away? Personally I want them to know that if they go too far they will be on the receiving end of What I own. Do I think it will make them think twice about passing illegal infringement? Maybe. I do feel that it's only fair to warn someone that their actions could be the cause of their demise. Second Amendment supporters have been fighting this fight in this state forever 30 years and every year we hold our breath and we wait to see what kind of draconian gun control laws that going to pass this session. This year seems to be the biggest in recent memory. Even bigger than 2013 and yet again we have a bunch of supposed Second Amendment supporters quaking in their boots. During the American Revolution only 3% of the colonies participated in fighting the British. I can see it's going to end up being about the same percentage this time if the proverbial poop hits the fan.

"During the American Revolution only 3% of the colonies participated in fighting the British. I can see it's going to end up being about the same percentage this time if the proverbial poop it's the fan".

Sadly in this state I think it is lower than that. I'm not knocking anyone for what they do for the fight in Annapolis but we need to face reality that the same $hit we've been doing ain't working.

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland

Amen, brother. I want them to know I AM dangerous. Not crazy, not spoiling for a fight, not planning on starting a fight. However, I will fight back.

I guess it's time to join the Oath Keepers. Never felt more strongly about the oath I took than I do now.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Clearly what has been done by "our side" has only slowed down, but not stopped the infringement. Now, they come with heavier infringement than ever before.
    Would you recommend the same course of action to slow them down as previously was done or perhaps something different.
    Only letters, emails, calls and donations can stop this.

If you get infringed, it's because enough money was not donated. right?
    Or
    Perhaps, they realized that they can write laws (on your dollar btw, you pay the law writers salary) at a greater rate and lower cost than you defend against. so essentially, you are paying twice to have your rights taken one by one.
    And furthermore
    your defense and "win" is only eliminating say, 50% of what is written in their 1 law
    but
    they don't worry, there are more laws coming at you at a greater rate than you can defend against.

Imagine a business. A business that sells pencils
    They buy them for 1.05
    and sell them for 1.00
    they lose .05 on every sale, but the owner tells you, "don't worry, we can make it up in volume".
    It's insanity

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Great excuse to stock up on hi-cap mags, as soon as they are banned the prices will go up at least 1,000%! A $6 mag will be $100 overnight! A great investment opportunity!!!

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    Clearly what has been done by "our side" has only slowed down, but not stopped the infringement. Now, they come with heavier infringement than ever before.
    Would you recommend the same course of action to slow them down as previously was done or perhaps something different.

I posted on another thread that a change in tactics is required if a different outcome is expected. I cited the recent MSI hypothetical of rolling traffic roadblocks caused by strict adherence to the posted speed, an example that I'm not necessarily advocating as it's likely to do more harm to our cause than good. But, it's an example that illustrates the point.

Protesting in Annapolis is a fine idea but will be ineffective in preventing further infringement unless we show up in substantially greater numbers. We need 50,000. Anyone have any ideas as to how to make that happen?

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

The term law abiding. Can't stand that word as it implies that any law that is passed will be followed so as that you keep your "law abiding" status. One cannot maintain they are law abiding and say things like shall not infringe when the law makers break their oath and go against the constitution.

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    I posted on another thread that a change in tactics is required if a different outcome is expected. I cited the recent MSI hypothetical of rolling traffic roadblocks caused by strict adherence to the posted speed, an example that I'm not necessarily advocating as it's likely to do more harm to our cause than good. But, it's an example that illustrates the point.

Protesting in Annapolis is a fine idea but will be ineffective in preventing further infringement unless we show up in substantially greater numbers. We need 50,000. Anyone have any ideas as to how to make that happen?

I don't know if we need 50,000. I think 5000 would send a message. Truth be told, i think the internet is ineffective at advertising. Tv and radio are the way to do it. The reason why i suggested wcbm is because it reaches about 2/3rds the state. Need to catch people on their morning and afternoon drives.

Honestly i suggest calling into Sean and Frank or Bruce Elliott to get the ball rolling on it.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

I read your thread. tbh, I saw it get a decent amount of "flack". Not from me, but others. I think people were thinking yeah, roadblock...no....
    Whereas I took it as saying, hey, I got this idea to do something different, what would some ideas be...something along the lines of x,y,z.

clearly what has been done does not work.

I run a business. This marketing company was charging me like 600 a month for their product. I did a contract with them. After 6 months, no return on investment. Their solution, up it to 1,500 a month from me toward the advertising. Seriously, doubling down on something that has been proven not to work? I don't get it, but that's just me.

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    I don't know if we need 50,000. I think 5000 would send a message.

I read that the 2013 turnout was in the range of 3-5,000. Assuming that's accurate we will need at least 5x that number to get a different outcome. 10x would be better obviously.

To be clear, I think the goal should be defeat of all pending legislation. MGA passing a slightly less infringing version is no victory for us.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    If we had 3,000, 30,000 or 50,000 people standing holding signs in protest, a smaller amount of men with guns would be standing between you and the lawmakers for their protection

Some irony:
    I find the irony in the fact that when they want to protect something they use guns.
    When we want to protect something (our rights) we use signs and hope for the same level of protection.

We need to get the message out through email, phone, internet and donate more money than we have in the past.

scjamesm

Nov 10, 2016
    Charles Town, WV
    I read that the 2013 turnout was in the range of 3-5,000. Assuming that's accurate we will need at least 5x that number to get a different outcome. 10x would be better obviously.

To be clear, I think the goal should be defeat of all pending legislation. MGA passing a slightly less infringing version is no victory for us.

That's assuming the 3-5,000 was all pro-2a. Which i am not sure is the case. Especially since it was right after Sandy Hook. If we get 5,000-10000 to show up, it would make a big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom