• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Another note how many of us have contacted their local sheriff?

Excellent idea. I'm emailing mine right now with articles quoting the Washington state sheriffs who refuse to enforce laws that violate the constitution.

edit: Well, looks like in Frederick your options of communicating are via facebook or twitter.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah. I have a niece that teaches in MoCo public schools. I think she's developing scars from biting her tongue so often. Honestly, I think the stress of having to STFU around the highly politicized administration and union structure is actually getting to her. She still allows her rational sensibilities to shape, where she can, how she teaches. But the insane lefties that make up so much of the power structure in her profession truly do eclipse her every effort. I've asked her if she'd think of moving out of the county so she could teach in a different setting, and she clearly thinks about it every day. But she also hates the idea of giving up on it here where she grew up, despite feeling like a voice in the wilderness most days.

There will be teachers from Frederick and Balt. County more than happy to make the drive to teach in MoCo. Grass is always greener and all that, but their is little argument MoCo public school teachers are well compensated. I've met several teachers that switched when given the opportunity to teach in MoCo and make the commute. A common comment is how polite the students are, they even push in their chairs.. If lucky enough to get a school in SW sector can actually teach instead of warden. There are conservatives in MoCo, just outnumbered greatly.

NoMoreTreadingOnUs

Apr 2, 2013
    Garrett County
    These people understand one thing: litigation. That's their ballpark. That's how they see the world. That's where the fight has to be, while we plead with everything we have and support national political races in 2020 to keep Trump in office where he can continue to put constitutionalist judges on the bench. Our votes in Maryland will achieve nothing against the large demographic majority that run this state. Vote virtuously, but mostly - support key races in swing states, because that's where the fate of our republic hangs in the balance. And send money to groups like MSI so they can continue to press on in the courts.

I don't disagree with your main point here but clearly what you described will take years to play out. It is likely that within the next few weeks MGA will vote to further infringe our rights and I think it's worth exploring what, if anything, we can do to prevent that from happening. I'm certainly not wedded to the idea of disrupting traffic, it's merely an example of a tactic that differs from what's been tried. What's your idea?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What's your idea?

I can think of no single act or team sport performance that will abruptly change the minds of hundreds of thousands of liberal Marylanders who would then suddenly take the time to let their elected state legislators know that they've all the sudden decided they want no more common sense gun violence restrictions for the children.

If bills such as those proposed pass and are signed or veto-bypassed into law, I think the only hope for immediate relief would be through some flavor of injunction, having shown a judge that the law/s is/are egregiously unconstitutional (or at least have enough toes in that water to merit a judicial test). I know, the bump stock business ALMOST got that treatment, but the judge found an absurd loophole to let the impacted Marylanders buy some time (the theatrical letters to a completely uninterested ATF), and thereby didn't provide any protection for us.

But such an excuse won't fly this time, and one hopes that a federal judge would block the October 1 effective date until this/these bill/s get the scrutiny demanded. Yeah, I'm an optimist. But my optimism has been propped up a bit by the Gorsuch/Kavanaugh development and the numerous appointments Trump has managed on the lower federal courts.

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    I already have a clue about the voting statistics of this state so what would you suggest, quit and go hide in another state?

I would physically go remove those Democrat bastards from their office. The US constitution allows for it. All the other options have been tried and exhausted. There's more I would do, but can't talk about it on the forum. To do this you need unity among citizens, just like the Sons of Liberty.

1895_l.jpg

The Sons of Liberty "The Bostonians Paying the Excise man..."1774 by Philip Dawe

I think you get the picture.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    No..MSI removed my ability to post on their FB page over a year ago because whoever is their mouthpiece didn't like what I had to say about their lack of "in your face" activism. It's not that a post was removed, it's that I'm not allowed to post on their page..I have at least 3 friends that have also been silenced by them. They don't want to hear anything that is counter to their own agenda and policies..and although they have that "right" it makes them look petty and narcissistic. .

So Muleskinner when are you going to run for office?

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    H45 understands youtube and built a channel reviewing and shooting guns. Someone citing a generality doesn't exclude exceptions. Plenty of old people use youtube. The post upthread that older people "in general" may not be attuned to it's marketing power, I'd agree with. H45 channel is shooting guns first, 2A isn't the focus, but yes includes that message. Watch his video on what H45 and son think of 2A protests. He was then chastised, wtf does a youtube guy know.

I here you, nice thing about YouTube is for the most part you can put together anything. Hickok45 has his own formula, the others do it differently. My friends and I were discussing this today. Being edgy knows now age! You can have an informative video and still be edgy and entertaining! One of the ideas I had is taking these Democrat politicians and having a “worst person in Maryland” segment where we photo shop pictures and just go to town fake news style on some of these people. We don’t have to be entirely truthful or nice. It can be edgy and opinionated. Best part is it could be fun. And if it takes off monetize the channel and put that money back into Patriot Picket.

One thing we have to realize. In the past the second amendment always protected the first. It’s ultimately still true. Technology made communication so much easer that the first amendment is almost on par with the second.

I’m still toying with the idea, I’m a semester away from having a “great job in southern Maryland” I’m scared to death of jeopardizing that. So many of us have that excuse But, I want to help. A friend of mine and I are going to the veterans student lounge and throwing this idea out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob00taws6

Apr 4, 2013
    Excellent idea. I'm emailing mine right now with articles quoting the Washington state sheriffs who refuse to enforce laws that violate the constitution.

edit: Well, looks like in Frederick your options of communicating are via facebook or twitter.

Thank you. It would be nice to see how sheriff Cameron feels about the topic, I will post as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NaptownHokie

May 15, 2011
    Annapolis
    Two corrections

1- While most liberals and even many progressives support gun control, leftists do NOT, for the same reasons you cited. At least there is something farther left and right people can agree on!

2- MLK was not killed by a left wing extremist, he as killed by a right winger, most likely with FBI help. Read up on the FBI continually trying to intimidate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom