• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Waiting to see if DU becomes interested in defeating this at all

I’m waiting to see if the NRA jumps on it as well. They sent out an alert email. If this becomes a reality and the NRA isn’t involved in trying to stop it I will never send them another dime. This is just plain craziness.

KIBarrister

Opinionated Libertarian
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 10, 2013
    Kent Island/Centreville
    I’m waiting to see if the NRA jumps on it as well. They sent out an alert email. If this becomes a reality and the NRA isn’t involved in trying to stop it I will never send them another dime. This is just plain craziness.

Just got an email from NRA-ILA only mentioning this and the HBAR bill but indicating they would be heard last month... useless.

nomade

Apr 26, 2014
    They have never cared about logic. Nothing in any of these bills ever addresses criminals. They just make us criminals..

Totally agree. Then they have the excuse to take our guns.

Don't they have anything better to do?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Yes. They should get word out to their membership if at all possible.

I just finished emailing DU about this with a brief explanation about the LGQL, the 7 day wait and linked them to the bill. I made sure to mention fingerprinting, classroom instruction, fees, and how if a hunter breaks a shotgun they'll miss out on the limited hunting days. Hopefully they read it, have a oh crap moment, and alert the membership.

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    Pardon my ignorance but don’t we register long guns when we buy them?

The information we fill out is going somewhere?
    No. Short answer. As FFL I have data but it never goes anywhere until I go out of business. At that point I box up records and send them to a warehouse where by current law they are not allowed to go into an electronic database. Only info that goes anywhere is about you for NICS check. Only thing about weapon is long gun, hand gun or other for Federal Form. State has data on handguns and other regulated sales in MD.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MG4DEUCE

The Otter
    Jun 28, 2010
    Annapolis
    I don't remember where I heard or if it is even valid info..........I remember hearing that the reasoning for the HQL not violating your right to bear arms was because you could still buy long guns without having to pay a fee and get a license. If......IF this is the case, does this long gun permit not defeat that?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The " Oh , that long gun ? I bought it years ago " will only plausable for people born before 2001 , and guns built before Oct 2019 ( and not have passed thru a bound book since Oct 2019 ).

One thing to be talking about now, but throwing future generations under the bus

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    MSI is the only group actively working to help the serfs of this "state".
    I stopped providing financial support to The NRA after FSA2013. Change My Mind.

As I recall, NRA did support the Kolbe case. MSRPA & NRA are also carrying the load in Malpasso v. Pallozzi, challenging CCW G&S, If this is accepted by SCOTUS it would end May Issue.

There are a lot of organizations doing a lot of work. Unfortunately,there is a lot of work to do.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    The " Oh , that long gun ? I bought it years ago " will only plausable for people born before 2001 , and guns built before Oct 2019 ( and not have passed thru a bound book since Oct 2019 ).

One thing to be talking about now, but throwing future generations under the bus

Thank you, I was one thrown under the buss in 2013

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Biggfootette also .

Applies equally as well to people who are already grownups , but who don't feel the need or desire until a future point in time .

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Thank god, I moved to NC. I don't have to worry about this. My worry is what my next gun purchase will be. Even after all the gun control they've already passed the Democrat bastards just don't stop.

You don’t have to worry about it yet........but you will someday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    The communist repulik of Maryland certainly does have a list/registry of your long guns. When I got my HQL I sent in the wrong page of my DD214. Lady called me and told me to fax page 4 and it will take 2 more weeks as my app would be put aside till it arrives , or she could put it thru now using my AK as proof

They have a registry of your REGULATED long guns but NOT cash and carry long guns. That will change with the new LGQL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    MSI is the only group actively working to help the serfs of this "state".
    I stopped providing financial support to The NRA after FSA2013. Change My Mind.

I recently wrestled with this... NRA totally turned me off with their capitulation on the bump stock issue. I ultimately decided that they are still the 800 lb. Gorilla and if they loose strength we all suffer.

I resolved to double down. I still support NRA financially (after I registered my disappointment with them), but I've stepped up contributions to others and MSI is high on the list. Will be forgoing some purchases this year to help contribute to the cause and make sure my kids and future grandkids can still know liberty.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom