• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

SCV/SAR Patriot

UNRECONSTRUCTED
    You'll have a hard time jogging along with his Tahoe with all the accouterments I suspect. And his ARMED MSP bodyguards would frown on it anyway.

I'm not advocating following his MSP detail around but nothing else seems to be working as much as I appreciate everything everyone else is doing. Just trying to think out of the box but still be within the limit of law of course. If not enough people are willing to try something different I guess it's off the table.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    So, all these discussions are on testimony in front of committees, right? I want to testify in front of the whole GA. Is that possible?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    So, all these discussions are on testimony in front of committees, right? I want to testify in front of the whole GA. Is that possible?
    Not very likely on testifying on the House or Senate floors unless you get elected. Public testimony is received by the various committees.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Just wanted to add some logistics. All day parking at the Navy Stadium is $5, shuttle bus service from there is $2 one way ($1 for 60yoa & up). I believe the buses run from 6:30am to 8pm.

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Went searching for a thread with info on the hearings. Found this - https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=218896 - but I think it should be here too.

Great information in one place that will be helpful it you are making the trip to Annapolis. Scheduled hearing start times, requirements for those wishing to testify, parking options etc. Thanks to MSI for preparing this:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...c3leYWLx47j6XfE5T2GmIinGYlpSx5XShugG22WSztfSc

Because this will be my first time attending the festivities, I'm guessing it would be best if people car pool? Park @ Navy-Marine Corps Stadium and shuttle in the best option?
    Hoping that our veterans of prior hearings will provide additional information.

ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    The hearings usually start around 1pm. You can sign up outside the hearing room on the electronic monitor. I believe you have to be signed up before noon.

When I looked on the House website, it says the bill is being heard at 10:30AM? Is that correct? If that is so, how would we sign up to testify?

ForEnglandJames

Nov 3, 2016
    Reisterstown
    Forgive me if this is a silly question.

If you wish to give an oral testimony, you don’t have to submit a written one as well? Do people prepare some notes to speak from?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    You may sign up to give written testimony or oral, or both , or neither, and register your position : Favor, Oppose, Favor with Amendment, or Information Only . All above is for each specific Bill .

Sign up is done using the wall mounted touch screens , mounted in the hallway outside the Hearing Room . The screens stop accepting entries at exactly 30min before the scheduled start time of the hearing .

BUT , it takes several minutes for each person to register, and a large turnout is expected . In such situations , it is common for people to still be waiting in line at cutoff. So be sure to allow plenty of time to park, and make your way to House Office Bld , clear Security ( hint - NO Pocket Knives ), and make it to the hallway no latter than 0900 . Earlier is always good, and you will have good company there to hang with .

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It probably in the various Links also , but I'll recap for firsttimers what to expect .

Hearings are conducted by Chairman ( or Vice Chair in their absence ) , as the Chair so chooses to do so . The customary procedures :

Each Bill is heard in ascending order by Bill number , unless the Chair elects to hear two or more substantially similar Bills on same specific topic together .

First the Sponsoring Delegate will introduce the Bill , and generally give a pitch why the Committee should give a Favorable Report . The Committee Members then have a Q&A session with the Sponsor , should any Committee Member wish to do so . Could be softball questions to build support, pointed questions to bring out the flaws, or nuetral fact finding.

Then the witnesses testifying in Favor .
    Then the witnesses testifying in Opposition .

At the discretion of the Chair , sometimes allows a Panel of Experts to testify as a group . Nominally the whole panel is allotted the cumulative of the combined time limits , but if useful dialogue is occurring , the Chair may overlook the buzzer at their discresion .

They comes the testimony by Individuals ( seated 4 or 5 at a time, in sign up order), all with each person having a time limit .

At conclusion of all testimony , the Committee will engage in their own Debate , possibly making Amendments and/ or changes generally , and eventually will either vote up or down , as ammended by the Committee , or schedule it for later action .

Then on to next Bill , and so forth until the end .

gbalog

Apr 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Gun Bill Day

Any logistical update on Gun Day 2/25? IE Where to park, what time to arrive, will there be shuttle buses, etc. Thanks for any help. It sounds like there may be a LOT of folks there (whether that means anything to our representatives remains to be seen)...but I'm not just going to sit home and do nothing.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Any logistical update on Gun Day 2/25? IE Where to park, what time to arrive, will there be shuttle buses, etc. Thanks for any help. It sounds like there may be a LOT of folks there (whether that means anything to our representatives remains to be seen)...but I'm not just going to sit home and do nothing.

Park at the Navy football stadium , shuttle over or walk. It is pretty close. Maybe Norton will activate the chat function hint hint and some who have been there can stand by to get the newbies where they need to be with real time updates

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle

Ask and ye shall receive:

Great information in one place that will be helpful it you are making the trip to Annapolis. Scheduled hearing start times, requirements for those wishing to testify, parking options etc. Thanks to MSI for preparing this:

https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...c3leYWLx47j6XfE5T2GmIinGYlpSx5XShugG22WSztfSc

Because this will be my first time attending the festivities, I'm guessing it would be best if people car pool? Park @ Navy-Marine Corps Stadium and shuttle in the best option?
    Hoping that our veterans of prior hearings will provide additional information.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom