• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Is there anyway that it could be refiled again? I really wonder what the SCOTUS was looking for or not looking for?? this case did involved 2A as well so I really wonder did that have any part to play in denial of cert. I really believe that this was a case where justice was denied and Jeff is spinning in his grave over this.....

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    Is there anyway that it could be refiled again? I really wonder what the SCOTUS was looking for or not looking for?? this case did involved 2A as well so I really wonder did that have any part to play in denial of cert. I really believe that this was a case where justice was denied and Jeff is spinning in his grave over this.....

Not this petition; at least with respect to our petition, the U.S. Supreme Court didn’t choose it to review the manifest injustice of the outcomes generated by the manner in which qualified immunity is construed to violate our fundamental civil rights.

Nor does the Court want to use our case to declare the public’s First Amendment right to record police in the public performance of their duties; we asked the Court to rule on both questions, and they declined.

The Supreme Court created the QI doctrine and, in the absence of Congressional action, it is the Court that must overturn it.

Qualified immunity does not exist in Federal law (42 U.S.C. “Section 1982”) as originally legislated by Congress, and it does not exist in the U.S. Constitution.

As Will Baude noted in the panel discussion in the quoted post below, the Supreme Court is only digging a deeper hole by continuing to defend QI; if they want to get out of that hole, first they have to stop digging:

Thanks to all here for your continuing encouragement, kind thoughts and

This panel discussion linked below exploring questions about qualified immunity offers a very good explanation about how QI evolved, how the Supreme Court has treated it in recent decisions, what Justice Scalia wrote about it, as well as descriptions of some contemporary cases.

The presentation notably includes observations from a local lawyer about the practical aspects of litigating QI cases within the Fourth Circuit:

View attachment 442113

This forum occurred less than a month (see red arrow in pic above) after our February 2018 arrest, and less than three weeks after we joined with MSI to file our Section 1983 lawsuit in Federal district court.

Perhaps it should come as no surprise then that there is a now a direct connection between this discussion by a law professor, a judge and two practicing lawyers and our case: this panel was moderated by Clark Niely III, who also authored the amicus brief submitted in support of our cert petition this month by the CATO INSTITUTE :

View attachment 442115

View attachment 442116

Click here for Clark Niely’s amicus brief in “Hulbert v. Pope”:

I like to think that QI, as with our own case, is now ripe for a Supreme Court decision finally ending this manifest injustice.

With respect to the Second Amendment: although we seven (Rack&Roll, @Adolph Oliver Bush, @Not_an_outlaw, @Bob A, @hillbilly grandpa, @zenMonkey and myself) were all pro-Second Amendment demonstrators, there are no Second Amendment claims being litigated in our lawsuit.

We sued the Maryland Capitol Police officers for violating our First Amendment and Fourth Amendment rights.

Last edited:

Deep Lurker

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 22, 2019
    So who wants to tell them?

This is a few hours ago; next day, and next door to the U.S. Supreme Court after our petition was denied.

They don’t want anybody to see that,” the U.S. Capitol Police Officer explains.

Video is 3:07 minutes long, watch to the end to see the USCP swarming a photographer.

IMG_6475.jpeg

Last edited:

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Three cases of protesters getting huge settlements. Can these be used as precedent in this case?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    courts are funded by the same .gov you have a grievance with.

you think they’ll bite the hands that feed them

and they rely on the hands that assaulted you to protect them.

you think they’ll bite the hands that protect them? They’re more likely to buy pope and posse some of Dan Marino’s isotoner gloves!

take care of the hands that take care of them!

the black and blue lines intersect

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Time to break out the race, gender, oppressed peoples, card, DeepLurker?

Got any of these roots, pronouns etc that have been violated that can be grounds for reconsideration?
    I tried to view the BLM story but it wanted me to disable ad blocker. What exactly did BLM get 10M for?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Three cases of protesters getting huge settlements. Can these be used as precedent in this case?
    Wrong type of protest. Does not fit the narrative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom