• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    A freind was "disapproved" after a nics check to buy unregulated rifle. Has no resason to be dissaproved that hes aware of. What is the process one whould need to go thru to find why they were dissapproved?
    Thanks

cokebuck

Don't Re-Member
    Apr 1, 2016
    i'm thinking a first precautionary step is request a criminal record from MD State Police to see what could possibly be on there?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I doubt he will be buying any firearm soon. I hear the appeals process is long and drawn out. Anyone ever have to go through the appeal process?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    No long guns are regulated anymore. The regulated ones are now banned unless owned before October 2013.

Anything that was "regulated" is banned to purchase...well at least the ones that MSP didn't wrongly classify as regulated for several years.

With that screen name he should probably brush up on his facts, eh? :lol2:

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    Got it. Banned is the new regulated.

:g/regulated / s//banned/g

(That was more effort to type on a touchscreen than it was worth)

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Having trouble keeping up here on my flip phone.

You're fancy. I think someone here is still working with one of these.

6110.jpg

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    All long guns in MD are "unregulated".

Not correct. Many so-called "assault rifles" and "assault shotguns" are regulated.

OK, based on the way this unfolded 2A Maryland is correct because Daggo66 said "all long guns in Maryland are unregulated", which is not accurate.

The formally regulated rifles that have been grandfathered in are still heavily regulated in that only the civilians who owned them prior to 10/2013 can possess them now. And in the future only their heirs can take posession of them.

If daggo66 had mentioned purchase scenarios he would be entirely correct, but he didn't.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OK, based on the way this unfolded 2A Maryland is correct because Daggo66 said "all long guns in Maryland are unregulated", which is not accurate.

The formally regulated rifles that have been grandfathered in are still heavily regulated in that only the civilians who owned them prior to 10/2013 can possess them now. And in the future only their heirs can take posession of them.

If daggo66 had mentioned purchase scenarios he would be entirely correct, but he didn't.

Except the OP's story was about someone buying a long gun now. Makes Daggo66's response completely accurate.

I'm sure if 2A Maryland was referring to esoteric aspects of the False Safety Act of 2013 he would have made that clear instead of sharing a link to current MD law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom