• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    I recently purchased a hand gun from a dealer and was told that they would obtain a spent shell casing. After the waiting period, I go and pick up my firearm. I was so excited to get it that I didn’t thoroughly inspect it. It was FILTHY, like not one or two shots were fired, more like an entire box. Someone had fun with this gun(it was brand new before this). Instead of returning it, I just cleaned it really good and decided to not purchase from there again.

Fast forward a week or so later, I get a call from the dealer saying that they need a spent shell casing…. Obviously I told him that this gun had definitely been fired before but he denied doing it/having a casing. My question is, what happens if I just ignore the request? Do I get in trouble or does the dealer?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I don't know but I'd just give him the shell casing and go on with life. I wouldn't want that hanging over my head.

Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    I was planning on it, but it just made me wonder who is ultimately responsible for it. I thought that before the gun left the store a shell casing had to be obtained by the dealer.

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    They probably want to do some more target shooting, just lend them the gun for another day of fun and ask them to keep one shell. ;)

Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    They probably want to do some more target shooting, just lend them the gun for another day of fun and ask them to keep one shell. ;)

You have lost your mind my friend lol. They will never lay hands on my baby again. They asked me to mail them a shell casing? That just seems odd to me because I could technically go on any range and find one to send...

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    in the old/wild west it would have ended in a duel...bring them in some random shell casing and when they ask about it...say well you guys werent truthful in only shooting one..

Right_to_arm_bears

OIF, OND, & OEF Vet.
    Nov 13, 2012
    MD
    uumm, they are asking you to violate a law

That's why I'm trying to get the facts. Because it seems extremely fishy but I am not an expert regarding this issue. I don't want to potentially ruin a business before I know that it is indeed against the law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom