• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    http://www.bradycampaign.org/blog/2007/03/30/anniversary-musings-by-guest-blogger-sarah-brady/

Sarah Brady Reads Our Comments

"Thirdpower sends a heads up that Sarah Brady says she’ll be reading our comments today. I encourage you to go here and make your voice heard, but keep it polite. I hate to quote a Tom Cruise flick, but we need to be doing it better and cleaner than the other guy.

Let’s make persuasive, convincing, and hard hitting arguments. I’ve already asked a pretty pointed question."

Link and info above from http://www.progunprogressive.com/

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Sarah Brady wants to have any kind of dialogue with law-abiding gun-owners? :sad20:

There's a wolf in sheep's clothing if ever I saw one.

Bear in mind, the Brady Campaign is losing miserably all over. Not only with their big push here, but also in Illinois where they went all out with two separate laws banning assault rifles and .50 cals. Looks like both of those laws will fail as well, by the last straw poll in their legislature the Illinois AWB most certainly will. They stand a very good chance of fading into complete political obscurity unless they show the big-money donors some success soon.

Watch for a drastic change of tactics now. Sounds like now they're going to try and whip up a conservative base by emphasizing the "crime-fighting" ******** they love to spew.

wah001

Jan 2, 2007
    Greensboro
    As I write this, I’m at my favorite place in the whole world, the living room of my house on the Delmarva Peninsula

Wonder where she lives?

Maybee we could invite her to the Delmarva shoot on the 15th???:lol2:

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I posted this on THR earlier this AM after it was posted here.....as of 10:30 PM its had 750+ hits <squeals like schoolgirl with glee> I just got through reading the posts on BC's Site and am grinnin' from ear to ear.

Thanks for posting the original Decoy....great find!

Ok, Sarah and Paul....thanks for providing the venue to air our thoughts/feelings/facts.

Keep it up folks...Sarah and Paul and taking a break and trying to rally a few people to post in their support.....it will go on all weekend apparently.

Its sad actually that I could only find one post for the BC and something like 50+ Pro Rights posts.

Nice posts folks!

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    Its sad actually that I could only find one post for the BC and something like 50+ Pro Rights posts.

A long time ago I remember reading something that claimed that progun stuff got a lot more hits on the web than anti stuff. I'm not sure what the methodology of the study was, but it certainly seems to be in line with my experiences. We seem to be more passionate, active, and, well, let's face it, pissed off at things.

Deacon51

Feb 28, 2007
    Baltimore City
    A long time ago I remember reading something that claimed that progun stuff got a lot more hits on the web than anti stuff. I'm not sure what the methodology of the study was, but it certainly seems to be in line with my experiences. We seem to be more passionate, active, and, well, let's face it, pissed off at things.

It too the Clinton ban for most gun owners to wake up and realize they really are after our guns.

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    that's insane... the dissenting replies that she got have more logic than her argument. From what I scanned, she was summarily shot down SEVERAL times! ;-)

Quoted from an e-mail from my GF after I linked her to this. She's not an enthusiast (but I'm working on that)

It seems to me that all of Sarahs replies are like that she's not all there, more like that senile grandma that shows up around Christmas time...

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    this post was deleted 2 times by BC

"Nothing I’ve read today is anything new or anything I haven’t heard year after year."

And yet here we are, look at all the comments above and how many of us there are against you. No one wants your opinions forced on us. I respect your opinion but that’s all it is, an opinion. If you don’t like guns then don’t buy one. The real reason you haven’t quit after all these years of being debunked is because it’s paying your bills.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    "Nothing I’ve read today is anything new or anything I haven’t heard year after year."

And yet here we are, look at all the comments above and how many of us there are against you. No one wants your opinions forced on us. I respect your opinion but that’s all it is, an opinion. If you don’t like guns then don’t buy one. The real reason you haven’t quit after all these years of being debunked is because it’s paying your bills.

Funny thing is, she does buy them! There was a big uproar over her buying a rifle for a relative of her's and whether or not it was a straw purchase.

http://www.gunowners.org/pr0203.htm

RnRFreak

Forum Cartoon Character
    Mar 3, 2007
    Overlea
    ...and now it looks like the ability to leave comments is broken....

The only problem I saw in any of the posts left on the page is that some could be used as Anti- Ammo. Threatening to unload into ATF agents kicking in a door is just what the BC probably wanted to hear.

garber38

Custom tailored ionizer
    Dec 27, 2006
    Somewhere in PA.
    I agree with Decoy in that it is the same old stuff that goes on year after year. They hope that they can catch some younger people in on the game and spark a new grassroots version of the same old "Guns kill people" game.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    good one from BC Blog

"Gun grabbers are always making comments like “no one needs” and “all of us know”. There is flaw in those statements; you are trying to generalize and categorize everyone’s personal situation. Not all of us live in Candy land where there are rainbows, magic train rides and teddy bears falling from the skies. Some of us “people” live in bad places where bad people do very bad things things. Who are you to tell me what I need?"

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    "I’ve read through each of what you folks have written. You know I started speaking out across the country in 1985. During these 22 years I’ve given many hundreds of public speeches, done hundreds of radio talk shows and read mail daily from folks both for and against what I’ve worked for. Nothing I’ve read today is anything new or anything I haven’t heard year after year."

Proof that brady doesnt let the facts get in the way of their agenda.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    "I’ve read through each of what you folks have written. You know I started speaking out across the country in 1985. During these 22 years I’ve given many hundreds of public speeches, done hundreds of radio talk shows and read mail daily from folks both for and against what I’ve worked for. Nothing I’ve read today is anything new or anything I haven’t heard year after year."

:lol: so true.... We just need to get the fence sitters to realize the position the Brady Group presents is ridiculous and spun from lies and fear-mongering.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia

Of course not it's paying their bills.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom