• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • captainstashu

Jan 26, 2011
    Silver Spring, MD
    I have an old star super B 9mm pistol. It has a broken firing pin. I ordered a new pin and spring and was about to install them.

The videos I watched showed that you drift the rear site over and reveal the head of the firing pin retaining pin. you turn the slide over and force the pin out thru the top. it looks real easy in the videos but this pin will not budge! My retaining pin head on top looks to be half moon shaped while the videos all show a round pin. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 1, 2012
    Sounds like someone boogered up the retaining pin and jammed it down in there, or replaced it with the wrong one.
    Not sure what to do DIY-wise other than heat/cold cycles and Kroil to try to loosen it up.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Perhaps it needs to be driven the opposite way. I have a Star B that it the rear sight can only be driven in and out from the side closest to the firing pin retainer which is not the way it should be. Worth a try. Apparently at least one person in the plant did not know his right from his left and may not know the top from the bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom