• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hmmmmmm, 37 states that are Brady exempt. ATF's website says there are 24 states that have no Brady exemption whatsoever. 50 - 24 = 26 according to my math.

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/permanent-brady-permit-chart

What is your source for 37?

Next, let's examine why you are Brady Exempt. It is because you have a permit to carry. Almost all states that are Brady Exempt are that way because the person has a license to buy firearms or a concealed carry license. That is, the person has most likely already gone through a background check. We aren't even Shall Issue here in Maryland. No way Maryland is going Brady Exempt any time soon.

Anybody that does not have a concealed carry permit in Alabama must still go though a NICS check when purchasing a new gun from an FFL.

They could be if they adjusted the timeframe on the HQL.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Was this one of the threads that bashed the Patriot Picket? I don't want to go back through it to be sure, but I think it was. I have an opportunity for those who do not approve of the PP to help out the cause without donning a WWNC shirt or holding a sign:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=233706
    As was mentioned...somewhere...this is NOT PP. It is MSI, the "friendly, intellectual, not scary radical" approach. It is an opportunity to spread the good word and recruit new voices and votes, and not a bad way to spend part of a weekend.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Was this one of the threads that bashed the Patriot Picket? I don't want to go back through it to be sure, but I think it was. I have an opportunity for those who do not approve of the PP to help out the cause without donning a WWNC shirt or holding a sign:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=233706
    As was mentioned...somewhere...this is NOT PP. It is MSI, the "friendly, intellectual, not scary radical" approach. It is an opportunity to spread the good word and recruit new voices and votes, and not a bad way to spend part of a weekend.

I support both. We need bold in your face deeds. We need persavie, logical rhetoric. Two edges of the same spear.

I've heard something like that before... maybe it was, Fatti maschii, parole femine.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    There is bold in your face, and then there is "in your face" of the people who agree with you 80% of the time. We have to remember whos face to get in (the antis in case people forgot, not our own members).

There is a time and place for in your face protesting, it has value, but at the same time people need to realize that these tactics, just like open carry rallies, will be very controversial. We have to embrace and tolerate dissent. If you cannot take the criticism and controversy, stay off the internet. Problem is, some people here think that those other other people who do not agree 100% are the enemy. Reasonable people are going to disagree on short and medium term tactics. For example: if I were President, anyone could buy a belt fed suppressed machine gun with a car mount and violent people would be either permanently locked up or hanged from the neck. However, thats not the world we live in, and I am inclined to think certain lawsuits involving accessories are a waste of money and time and dont have a high probability of success, and there are other much higher priorities with a greater chance. But if someone wants to waste time and money, its theirs to waste. I also play the Powerball from time to time because when else do you get a chance to win $750 million?

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    There is bold in your face, and then there is "in your face" of the people who agree with you 80% of the time. We have to remember whos face to get in (the antis in case people forgot, not our own members).

There is a time and place for in your face protesting, it has value, but at the same time people need to realize that these tactics, just like open carry rallies, will be very controversial. We have to embrace and tolerate dissent. If you cannot take the criticism and controversy, stay off the internet. Problem is, some people here think that those other other people who do not agree 100% are the enemy. Reasonable people are going to disagree on short and medium term tactics. For example: if I were President, anyone could buy a belt fed suppressed machine gun with a car mount and violent people would be either permanently locked up or hanged from the neck. However, thats not the world we live in, and I am inclined to think certain lawsuits involving accessories are a waste of money and time and dont have a high probability of success, and there are other much higher priorities with a greater chance. But if someone wants to waste time and money, its theirs to waste. I also play the Powerball from time to time because when else do you get a chance to win $750 million?

:thumbsup::thumbsup: And I stayed at the Holiday Inn Last Night!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom