• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    Hi all!

I've done a bit of research on Maryland's gun laws and am a bit confused about a few things. Apparently this is normal due to badly written laws.

I live in Virginia and know that Maryland's gun laws suck. I know that Baltimore is worse (I call it "Bowelmore"). I have many "goodies" that will stay in Virginia for the year that I am in the state. Here is the scenario:

I have a bunch of scary, FemiMan pants wetting rifles. I even have a Ruger 10/22 -- the "22 dead for 10 shots" variant. :innocent0

1) What are the requirements to bring an AR-15 rifle owned for at least a decade?

2) I have a brand new AR-10 rifle I got this year. Any problems?

3) I have a box of standard, unneutered, non-Feminist Man-Child AR-15magazines. I plan to bring in **a few** for personal use only. I will not transfer them to anyone. Are there any possession and use restrictions in Maryland and/or Baltimore?

4) I will have a bolt action rifle that will accept AR-15 magazines. What are the requirements for that?

5) What are the restrictions on shotguns? I will probably acquire a Mossberg 590 with 20" barrel and nine round capacity.

Thanks everyone!

DO NOT TELL ME HOW MUCH MARYLAND SUCKS. I LIVE IN VIRGINIA AND AM FULLY AWARE OF WHAT I AM DOING. DO NOT CLUTTER UP THIS THREAD WITH WHINING. I AM GOING REGARDLESS OF YOUR OPINION. PLEASE JUST ANSWER THE QUESTIONS!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    1) What are the requirements to bring an AR-15 rifle owned for at least a decade? If you purchased it prior to 10/1/2013, just bring it in

2) I have a brand new AR-10 rifle I got this year. Any problems? Nope

3) I have a box of standard, unneutered, non-Feminist Man-Child AR-15magazines. I plan to bring in **a few** for personal use only. I will not transfer them to anyone. Are there any possession and use restrictions in Maryland and/or Baltimore? No problem, you can bring them in and possess them, just don't try to sell any

4) I will have a bolt action rifle that will accept AR-15 magazines. What are the requirements for that? Nothing special.

5) What are the restrictions on shotguns? I will probably acquire a Mossberg 590 with 20" barrel and nine round capacity. There are a few, but not many. Mossberg should be OK. Semi auto with folding stock or street sweeper style are a problem

Thanks everyone!

Do realize, that if you move to MD, unless you are active duty military or full time student, you will need to establish MD residency, and register all your handguns and scary black rifles (see MD banned list).

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    As long as you owned the AR-15 prior to October 2013, it is fine to bring it, but you will have to register it with State Police. Everything else is fine to bring with you and you don't have to tell anyone about them.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Oversimplified so far, still more variables:

Is the pre-2013 AR-15 HBAR or not HBAR ?

If HBAR , bring it with you, no registration required.

If not HBAR , AND ownered by YOU pre-Oct 13, bring it with you, register it in same manner as your handguns.

Special bonus, change bbl or upper to HBAR before you move, see answer for HBAR.

tomrkba

Jan 22, 2017
    I put the instruction there because I gave up on the moving to md sticky. 3/4 of it was whining. I just want the rules.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom