• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    We are also in a home without children. None of our own and none visiting. Glock 30 SF and Beretta 92SF with Surefire G2Xs. I keep it simple. Loaded in the nightstand drawers.

Im such a sucker for the Beretta with that Inox finish.

Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    I have question on the single gun biometric vaults. Will they still work if you mount them upside down? In other words, is the door spring-loaded or does it drop down just because of the door's weight? I have a reason for this that I don't wish to discuss on this forum.
    PS - Nothing illegal.

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    We are also in a home without children. None of our own and none visiting. Glock 30 SF and Beretta 92SF with Surefire G2Xs. I keep it simple. Loaded in the nightstand drawers.
    My fiance got me that light for Christmas! It's great I carry it every night I'm out of the house

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Maybe something like this:

bedside_backup_MAIN.jpg

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/H...er/tabid/112/slug/bedside-backup/Default.aspx

I made my own version of this in about 6 seconds for 6 bucks.
    Home Depot or Lowes (I forget which) had a 6"x18" piece of flat 12 gauge steel for $6. I stuck the sig holster that came with my 320 on it to see where I needed to bend it. Laid it on the kitchen counter and put a nice 90* bend on it. Then drilled a hole so one of the grip post things, that hold the holster on your pants, would go through the hole to keep the holster on the bracket when I had to draw it. Now I don't have to even get out of bed or sit up to grab a weapon and it remains totally out of site when the bed is made.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456932310.960494.jpg

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    ...there are many options that cost to buy or install...but what I did was when I travelled w/ my kids I kept a pistol in a ccw bag next to the bed (hidden pocket) and/ or utilized a retention holster that they wouldn't be able to manipulate....

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Kid free home, AR-15 with surefire and HWS propped up next to bed, bolt open, loaded 30 rd pmags close by.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have question on the single gun biometric vaults. Will they still work if you mount them upside down? In other words, is the door spring-loaded or does it drop down just because of the door's weight? I have a reason for this that I don't wish to discuss on this forum.
    PS - Nothing illegal.

I'm pretty sure that my Barska's safe door is spring loaded. I have it sitting upright and the door pops open as soon as I place my finger on the biometric reader. It is definitely not opening due to gravity.

Cal68

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    If I felt vulnerable to someone entering my bedroom and me needing immediate access to a weapon, I would work on fortifying the rest of my house.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    If I felt vulnerable to someone entering my bedroom and me needing immediate access to a weapon, I would work on fortifying the rest of my house.

House is fortified and I have 3 German Shepherds. I still want super quick access to my self defense weapon no matter what. The faster its in my hand the faster I can post up on the doorway to the bedroom and call the police. No fumbling in the dark for me. When my suppressor gets out of jail it will be a SBR sitting next to the bed instead of the hand gun. If I cant find a suitable stand for it I have plans made up to make one. The stand will be mounted to the wall next to my bed and secure the weapon so it doenst get bumped over by accident by me or the dogs.

BigMBobbyOP

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2011
    PA
    I have a gun vault safe. holds everything I need and even has an alarm if moved. Have a 15 yr old in the house. The safe isnt small. but they do have a single gun safe that you can mount it to the nightstand or whatever

http://www.gunvault.com/

I don't like the gunvaults because they are electric. Especially the ones on battery. You'd be surprised how often that battery dies. Get one that plugs in if you get one of those.

I recommended the Fort Knox Pistol box. Its all mechanical. It ain't cheap but the quality is excellent.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    If no kids in the house i would put a rare earth magnet behind your headboard and stick your sig to it. Instant access. Everyone you would expect sells examples of these. Plus you can use the magnets to unlock your electronic safes.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    House is fortified and I have 3 German Shepherds. I still want super quick access to my self defense weapon no matter what. The faster its in my hand the faster I can post up on the doorway to the bedroom and call the police. No fumbling in the dark for me. When my suppressor gets out of jail it will be a SBR sitting next to the bed instead of the hand gun. If I cant find a suitable stand for it I have plans made up to make one. The stand will be mounted to the wall next to my bed and secure the weapon so it doenst get bumped over by accident by me or the dogs.

America is a great country :thumbsup:

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I have kids and visitors around the house, so I bought a small Barska biometric safe when it was the Gold Box Deal of the Day on Amazon. I've programmed it to recognize either of my two fingers (one from each hand in case I cannot use a finger from one hand for whatever reason) and I have the safe right next to my bed. It literally takes seconds to open and keeps the loaded firearm safe from someone else's hands.

Cal68

I also have one of these keyed to my prints and my wife's prints. I made the mistake of not opening mine for 4-5 months (I have my Glock 21 in there and my wife's Beretta M92 and for a while our range time was with some new toys) and when I went to open it the battery had died and I had to find the key to open it up. Now I not only shoot my Glock 21 more often to stay familiar with it but I check the safe weekly to make sure the batteries are good.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Mossberg 500 in the closet less than 5 feet away with a cable lock. Key is right next to me when I am sleeping. I decided that Rhodesian Jungle rounds were the way to go after the whole birdshot debate.

I have 3 kids in the house with friends over all the time. No gun is left unlocked in my house even though I trust my kids.

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    I've usually just slid the slide of my carry piece in between mattress and box spring, and maybe another piece under a pillow on the opposite side of the bed if there's no one else in there w/ you...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I've usually just slid the slide of my carry piece in between mattress and box spring, and maybe another piece under a pillow on the opposite side of the bed if there's no one else in there w/ you...

So you tactically reassemble it as the bad guys are crashing in?

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD

That's a good easy way to ruin a guns finish. There's a lot of pressure on it when shoved between the matters and box spring.

Beside holster bracket is the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom