• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    I’m new to the forum and wanted to share information that the MSP investigator shared with me during my CCW interview. Although I have no way to validate what she told me, she said that later this year (perhaps October) all business owners applying for CCWs, if approved, will receive unrestricted permits and existing permit holders will also have those restrictions lifted. Again, i can’t verify this but just wanted to pass it on in case others have heard the same.

Lmao doubt. Nevermind my level of resentment if that happens after they denied my renewal this year after ten years of holding my permit.

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    Yep, just joined, and I primarily did so to pass on the info. I’m a long time reader of this forum, and received a lot of good information from this site in preparing my application. I thought it was an interesting comment from the investigator and wanted to share. Only time will tell if it’s true. It doesn’t apply to my as I’m not a business owner.

Well, I hope you are right, but it’s with much skepticism that I hope.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I’m new to the forum and wanted to share information that the MSP investigator shared with me during my CCW interview. Although I have no way to validate what she told me, she said that later this year (perhaps October) all business owners applying for CCWs, if approved, will receive unrestricted permits and existing permit holders will also have those restrictions lifted. Again, i can’t verify this but just wanted to pass it on in case others have heard the same.

Welcome to MDS. I'm the most pessimistic optimist I know (or, most optimistic pessimist - whichever), and have an unrestricted permit up for renewal in February, so wouldn't it just be lovely if this is true. But being an optipessimst, I'm going to just assume no joy until I see it happen. Cheers.

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    Welcome to MDS. I'm the most pessimistic optimist I know (or, most optimistic pessimist - whichever), and have an unrestricted permit up for renewal in February, so wouldn't it just be lovely if this is true. But being an optipessimst, I'm going to just assume no joy until I see it happen. Cheers.

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst! Cheers!

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yep i would say that 99.9% of the appeals before the board are about restrictions while doing business and since MSP has said they do now know how we do business or if we are doing business I guess they do not want the new board with a judge on it to smack them down so they use Oct as a starting point. Of course I will wait and see if they really do that but then I have my doubts as well.Almost all of us here know about the games that MSP plays to the hilt as well.

Assists21

Jan 17, 2013
    So I finally recieved my MD CCW. Took 92 days total. Yes you can email them with your ID and get a status check. Those of you that say it doesn't work, maybe you weren't being polite?? I dont know. Anyway I wanted to hear what you think about my restrictions:

"Valid between residence and work while engaged in any on-site or off-site business activity for MyBPM, LLC" (MD ONLY)

As a property manager I can be "working" 24/7.

What are your guys thoughts on an appeal?

Sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kidd07

Res Ipsa Loquitur
    Jul 3, 2019
    Southern Maryland
    I actually just heard a similar rumor from someone I know going through the process.

I'm guessing this is the administration's response to the expected veto override.

It’s nice to hear some corroboration of what I heard. Let’s hope it’s true for business owners’ sake.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    It’s nice to hear some corroboration of what I heard. Let’s hope it’s true for business owners’ sake.

Should be true for EVERYONE. But if they stipulate that even just for business owners, it will certainly hugely cut down on the pointless HPRB/OAH circus.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I was just pondering
    ....Isn't this exactly what is to be expected from the MSP? They dick people over (over and over again for years), then leak info that effects the safety and livelihood of the Residents they've sworn to protect and serve???

Maryland's Finest!

MdGunFiend

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 26, 2012
    So I finally recieved my MD CCW. Took 92 days total. Yes you can email them with your ID and get a status check. Those of you that say it doesn't work, maybe you weren't being polite?? I dont know. Anyway I wanted to hear what you think about my restrictions:
    "Valid between residence and work while engaged in any on-site or off-site business activity for MyBPM, LLC" (MD ONLY)

As a property manager I can be "working" 24/7.

What are your guys thoughts on an appeal?

Appeal on what? As long as you're "working", you can legally have the gun. I had similar restriction, where I was the sole owner of the business, I could be working "24/7". But if I needed to make a business run, I'd get the gun prior to that. Drop it off when I'm "off work".

It seems like you want to be able to have your gun on your 24/7, I guess while waiting on a call or something? Otherwise, if you're at at the park having a picnic, how are you at work?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Appeal on what? As long as you're "working", you can legally have the gun. I had similar restriction, where I was the sole owner of the business, I could be working "24/7". But if I needed to make a business run, I'd get the gun prior to that. Drop it off when I'm "off work".

It seems like you want to be able to have your gun on your 24/7, I guess while waiting on a call or something? Otherwise, if you're at at the park having a picnic, how are you at work?

Umm... having lunch with a business associate discussing work?

This is (and always has been) the issue with the MSP. They've even got the average Joe questioning whether someone is within their restrictions.

Who cares if someone is conducting business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom