• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Recently pulled out one of my Ross MKII Military Match rifles for a range session. Noticed that the elevation screw on the original Sutherland sight was not working properly. These have a very, very fine screw and tend to strip. And that was the case with mine. Nuts!
    So I start what I expect to be a stupid long search for a proper replacement sight. Canadian target sights of this vintage (110 yrs old) are crazy hard to find and expensive. So I was shocked to stumble across a Peddie-Parker sight in the first week of searching. And it had a $185 BIN price! The last two Peddie-Parkers I saw for sale were listed at $995 and $550. Didn't take me long to click on BIN button.
    The best part is that my other Ross MKII MM rifle has the same model Peddie-Parker on it. A brand-new, in-the-box example that I got from a Ross collector's collection 20 yrs ago for $250 (and thought I paid too little back then).
    The Peddie-Parker, designed by John Peddie (same fellow designed the Sutherland sight,) was built by Vickers Sons & Maxim (see VSM in 2nd photo). It was used on Metfords, Long Lees and Ross rifles as all shared the same sight base dimension.

Attachments

• IMGP8807.JPG
      IMGP8807.JPG
      44.5 KB · Views: 192
    • IMGP8805.JPG
      IMGP8805.JPG
      51.7 KB · Views: 175
    • IMGP8808.JPG
      IMGP8808.JPG
      34.6 KB · Views: 203

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts