• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huuman

Jul 20, 2019
    This state is California Jr.
    I grew up in Southern California. This place is alot more green and the air is fresher. There are days when I do miss the orange/pink/purple sunset in Los Angeles due to the pollution.....But I recommend visiting Norther California near the border of Oregon if you never been there. standing at the base of a Redwood tree after drive between one to make you humble by nature.

I didnt know about those Apps, thanks for the information. I guess nothing is decided until I meet the neighbors first. Was just over at the house with the inspector (saw 3 fawns sitting under a tree in the FRONT yard minding their own business, where's mom?). He said house is in great shape mostly except for 30 year old outside AC unit. But he said it works (even if its not efficient) so he doesnt think we can get the seller to replace it but they are not legally require to have A/C either way. FYI, I didnt know this. Apparently air conditioning is not a required thing at all for any home, only heat source. I'm using a VA loan which requires it own appraisal, and no where in it does it say you must have a running a/c. Anyway, sorry just needed to vented that out, worrying about the A/C dying day after closing and spending 10k fixing it.

Anyway, I'm hope getting to know the neighborhood will give me a feel for what my options are. I saw deer food in their shed but no sign of hunting equipment, but the seller were in their 80s so they might be people who named the deers instead of hunting them. Dont know how neighbors would feel about the new couple on the block changing the dynamic. They definitely have a over population/nuisance problem because I saw multiple attempts at garden that people just abandon because of deers.....

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If the A/C wasn’t working you could Request they fix or replace it. Also if they did disclose the age and the disclosure was wrong, even if working you could request it be replaced.

For instance if they said it was 2001 and it was really 1976 (a house I offered on), then it’s a materially wrong disclosure and they are on the hook.

Of course they can refuse to fix/replace something and you can walk.

But for instance the house I just sold the A/C was 1989 and central air unit 1992. I disclosed that and it works fine. Sellers grumbled about it, but their agent told them nothing they can do. They knew upfront (or they SHOULD have) the age of the unit because of the disclosures. The disclosures matched what the inspector found.

If the house is A/C and separate heating system then being 30 years old it’s likely it will be fine for years. Combined heat pump A/C units around here have more than twice the load of a regular A/C unit. Expected life is ~20 years for A/C only about 12 for combined cycle units IIRC. That’s a national average though. My experience is combine is really around 15-17 years before kaput and A/C units are 25-40 years.

Of course sometimes they die when they are 2 years old.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have a hunting stand and feeder on my property. Target area is only 8 yards from stand and plenty of room to any houses. I do archery only (crossbow). None have traveled more than 60yards when i have double lunged them. If you find your neighbors might not like the guns at lease the bolt/arrow will be silent.

Just have the discipline to only take a good clean high % shot and sight in your weapon. Don’t be that guy that hunts, hits the hind quarters then says “it was spot on last year when I last shot it”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I have a hunting stand and feeder on my property. Target area is only 8 yards from stand and plenty of room to any houses. I do archery only (crossbow). None have traveled more than 60yards when i have double lunged them. If you find your neighbors might not like the guns at lease the bolt/arrow will be silent.

Just have the discipline to only take a good clean high % shot and sight in your weapon. Don’t be that guy that hunts, hits the hind quarters then says “it was spot on last year when I last shot it”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah fortunately I can probably make sure my setup provides good opportunities. That and I have plenty of space to setup an archery butt and make sure it’s good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom