• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    So it looks like St. Mary's county is open for Sunday hunting all season this fall. Nice improvement for us down here, but why is this still on a county by county basis?

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I think shifting regions may have something to do with commerce or at least be part of the decision making process. Just a guess no real evidence to support the claim. Ill be impressed when Sunday hunting is allowed on state property no matter where it's at.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It’s because it’s been by county delegation that pushes for one set of rules or another and the county level special interests that push for or oppose it.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Cause Howard county has a bunch of horse freaks that won't even budge on Archery season.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Cause Howard county has a bunch of horse freaks that won't even budge on Archery season.
    If you would like to hunt from horseback stop on by, unless you are one of the freaks that prefers being tied to a tree to hunt. :)

Through my horse friends I have 3 100 + acre plots I can hunt and a 300 yd range but I don't hunt and the hunters don't like horse people so the deer are abundant. Sorry Melnic but I am a little bit of a smart ass, not looking to upset anyone and you are probably right given the "experts" out there hunting deer.

Glad ya'll got Sundays, good luck this season.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Just an FYI, I went though the hunting guide and will it in on my e-mail calendar so I can keep rack of it all. I think the guide is way to confusing anymore for tracking all the seasons.

12/15 is not listed on the sunday hunting chart at all. I have run into this on previous years with people and it is not listed as closed or open, just not listed. In counties like mine, Washington, guys think they can hunt just about every sunday.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Just an FYI, I went though the hunting guide and will it in on my e-mail calendar so I can keep rack of it all. I think the guide is way to confusing anymore for tracking all the seasons.

12/15 is not listed on the sunday hunting chart at all. I have run into this on previous years with people and it is not listed as closed or open, just not listed. In counties like mine, Washington, guys think they can hunt just about every sunday.

Good catch! I like to go through the dnr calendar, then put the season open dates on my Google calendar so that I don't screw it up

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom