• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Huuman

Jul 20, 2019
    Greeting Marylanders!

Recently left Army after 10 years. Wife is from Maryland so this is where we will set roots. I'm from California, never really got into hunting until Army buddies took me hog hunting with his Winchester 30-30 a few years ago. Apparently white tail is what you hunt here so I'm learning. Got ourselves a nice 3 acres in Westminster with great schools. Half the property is wood bordering more woods so maybe switching to bows until i can find a place to stretch that 30-06. Looking forward to upcoming season. Bolt action is my preferred choice. My fav is my Remington .270. Anyone know of good range near my area? I looked at AGC in Marrioteville. Look a little pricey not including the cost to join a club. Look forward to being here!

HailVon

Jan 1, 2015
    Northern Indiana
    Greeting Marylanders!

Recently left Army after 10 years. Wife is from Maryland so this is where we will set roots. I'm from California, never really got into hunting until Army buddies took me hog hunting with his Winchester 30-30 a few years ago. Apparently white tail is what you hunt here so I'm learning. Got ourselves a nice 3 acres in Westminster with great schools. Half the property is wood bordering more woods so maybe switching to bows until i can find a place to stretch that 30-06. Looking forward to upcoming season. Bolt action is my preferred choice. My fav is my Remington .270. Anyone know of good range near my area? I looked at AGC in Marrioteville. Look a little pricey not including the cost to join a club. Look forward to being here!

Welcome from Carroll county!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from PA![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Thank you for having the courtesy to introduce yourself.
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Take a look at these helpful links – LOTS of amazing info!

FORUM RULES
    [/FONT]Rules are written in the stone, Break the rules and you get no bones, all you get is ridicule, laughter, a shine box, and a trip to the house of pain.
    [FONT=&quot]
    Range Etiquette and Staying Safe

Admin News and Announcements

Gun Rights and Legislation

Industry Partners

MD Shooters Firearms Map

Acronym list[/FONT]

Huuman

Jul 20, 2019
    Thank you for the welcome.

How is the stars at night in Carroll County? I'm going to be south of Westminster.

edrod68

Jun 6, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Thank you for the welcome.

How is the stars at night in Carroll County? I'm going to be south of Westminster.

Sounds like you will be in my neck of the woods....I am in Winfield (Westminster zip code since we are too small for a post office).

You'll like it out here in the country....mostly peace and quiet...

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Welcome from NW Baltimore County. Used to go out to Westminster as a kid, they had an awesome arcade in the mall called the Dream Machine. Many quarters left behind :)

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Welcome to Carroll County!
    I've been here over 30 yrs and love it. Born in DC and raised in Md.
    Depends on where you are as well as your neighbors as far as shooting.
    Enjoy and I hope everything works our for you!

Sirex