• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Hmmmm.I've never heard of "The Gun Depot" before....Does the shop use another name for it's actual location vs it's online sales?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Darn, he fixed it. For anybody wondering, it was an auction for a Mosin-Nagant... complete with photos of a pump-action shotgun.

I did a Google search on the phone#, and got a hit in Baltimore white pages, so it might be an individual running a home-based biz.

I found another local (Frederick) biz, looking around for Glocks - http://www.pitbullfirearms.com/ - anyone heard of them? Looks like they have great prices.

rpcmig

Nov 29, 2006
    Berlin,MD
    I like Freedom Armory in Glen Rock PA.

They transfer to MD residents through Duffy's for a about $50.00 but you don't have to pay the sales tax.

Knowledgeable, friendly and a great selection.

They also have outstanding new rifle and handgun ranges.

I have also bought from Christian Soldier. As said before you have to call to see when he'll be open but he has a nice selection and good prices

270Win

Jul 13, 2006
    Damascus, Maryland
    Here is another +1 to Shooter's Discount in Mt Airy. After seeing them at the last Silverado show and noting they were from Mt Airy (maybe 5-10 minutes down the road from me in Damascus), I found the address and looked them up.

They are JUST down the road from The Gun Shack!

Their milsurp selection was quite good. I picked up a wonderful walnut stocked K31, and was tempted sorely by several other things. Decent handguns, too, but I didn't scrutinize those too closely.

The owner is a fountain of knowledge.

I'm not as big a fan of The Gun Shack because of their prices, which simply aren't competitive on many items, and maybe unfairly because their almost unanimously poor selection in the consignment rack - which isn't really their fault, but biases me anyway.

A big +1 to The Gun Rack in Burtonsville. Great handgun selection, very very friendly and knowledgeable, and very patient salesmen. Not too much of a rifle/shotgun selection, but worth a look anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom