• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rufus Pisanus

Sep 21, 2005
    Baltimore County
    I am wondering what good gun shops you guys recommend. I am thinking more to selection in handguns and rifles than to prices.

One of my old favorites is closed (Walter's Gun chamber) and I read on the news that Valley Guns is also going to close (in any case they don't seem to have a large selection right now). I used to go occasionally to Select fire but stopped once their selection started to shrink. I am left with Continental on Deereco Rd, Duffy's (or Ken's - in any case my favorite right now) in Sparks, and White Marsh arms in Reistertown.

Am I missing some good ones?

Jas

Jan 7, 2006
    Dares Beach
    I don't know if they are open yet but Just Guns is supposed to be opening up next door to Valley. They seemed to have a good selection at the Upper Marlboro gun show.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Christian Soldier on Harford Road.....just a few blocks up from Valley Gun.

The shop has odd hours, but the service is outstanding, and the prices always fair.

I like On Target in Severn.....miles above Select Fire in Glen Burnie.

Speaking of Glen Burnie, there's Bart's which I find to be high on prices, but excellent in the knowledge of fine shotguns, and also A and D on Crain Highway which has a great selection and fair prices.

Rufus Pisanus

Sep 21, 2005
    Baltimore County
    Spot77 said:
    Christian Soldier on Harford Road.....just a few blocks up from Valley Gun.

The shop has odd hours, but the service is outstanding, and the prices always fair.

I like On Target in Severn.....miles above Select Fire in Glen Burnie.

Speaking of Glen Burnie, there's Bart's which I find to be high on prices, but excellent in the knowledge of fine shotguns, and also A and D on Crain Highway which has a great selection and fair prices.

Thanks, I have never to many of these places. I visited Christian Soldier (admittedly few years ago) and found they didn't have a lot on display. Was I just unlucky?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I also like The Armory in Annapolis. They are a little on the high side but the class III eye candy is worth the trip.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Thanks, I have never to many of these places. I visited Christian Soldier (admittedly few years ago) and found they didn't have a lot on display. Was I just unlucky?

Could be. Rob certainly has one of the smallest shops I've ever been in, but it's pretty packed with stuff.

fergieDSP

May 12, 2006
    check out Shooter's Discount in Mt. Airey. they have some pretty good milsurp guns. I picked up a Mosin Nagant Sniper there last weekend

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Is that run by a fella' named Lou? There used to be a Shooter's Discount in Arbutus that closed up in the past year or so. Always had great deals on surplus rifles and well used handguns.....Glock 17's for like $399

fergieDSP

May 12, 2006
    Yeah Lou run's shooter's discount. he closed up his old shop and opened up this one. i can give you the address if you want.

Rufus Pisanus

Sep 21, 2005
    Baltimore County
    Today I was in the Hartford Rd area and I passed by Christian Soldier and Just Guns. Christian Soldier was better than I remembered but I didn't have much time as they were closing. Just Guns is good and worth visiting. They have serious collection of both handguns and rifles which should make everybody happy (up to and including a 50 BMG rifle and a S&W 500). They are next to the old Valley Gun (now called Valley shooting supplies, probably this is a consequence of Valley losing their FFL). Now if I only could convince my wife that new "collectibles" for me are more important than new windows in our house...

JasonMD85

Aug 16, 2006
    The Gun Shack in Mt Airey can be worth it too. Its real light on handguns compared to On Target (Although they do have a mint 1977 colt python for sale and a few other fun ones..) but they have a pretty good selection of rifles and shotguns. Not to mention the place is PACKED with good priced ammo and archery stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to mention where its located. The store is right in mainstreet. If you drive through you will see a gun store on a corner, old looking place. They also have those .50 cal rifles the military uses for sale too.. only 3300! :)

somoss

Silver Spring
    Feb 18, 2006
    well i read this list and went and checked out the Gun shack and Shooters discount. they are about 500 yards about and both are about an hours drive for me from Rcokville. The gun shack hasarchery stuff and a good amount of rifle, a few hangun, bp guns, and a good amount of reloading items. everyone is very hhelpful, friendly, and professional, prices were very good. they had about 15 C&R rifles. all were consignment deals, prices on those was ok. no AR-15's. all around grade=A
    Shooter's discount was a little hard to find but it was dark when i got there. the owner (lou i belive) was packing up for the PG show this weekend. he had lots of rifles, and handguns. not a lot of ammo and no reloading stuff. Lou was very pleasant, well read, professional and willing to explain what rifles he had and even made recommendations. his prices where very good. he had lost of C&R items and most were higher quality items. he had a couple of gems in there. he had some used rifles as well and they looked like they were priced to sell fast. he had a really nice scoped marlin (winchester 94 type) with really good wood and clean bore for $237. overall grade=A+
    i will be chcking out the other stores and writing up a report. i hope others would do the same so we can find what we are looking for.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If you are looking for C&R I suggest you try The Armory in Annapolis. When I was there last they had two racks of C&R. I saw some K31s, Mosin Nagants and a number of SKSs. This isn't a comprehensive list since I was just there to do a transfer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom