• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    President Trump has weighed in on American citizens being able to download computer programs in order to produce 3-D printed lower receivers.

I really wish he would stop saying stupid things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I can't believe what I'm hearing on the radio.

Maryland has her own special brand of gun owning idiots.

At best, fair weather Second Amendment supporters.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Can't find Trumps comments?

From his twitter
    I am looking into 3-D Plastic Guns being sold to the public. Already spoke to NRA, doesn’t seem to make much sense!

I wouldn’t expect him to know what he’s talking about on this, but that’s hilariously ignorant.

The guns aren’t being sold by DD. They share files for free. This is so people have another way of making guns at home. The NRA has barely acknowledged Wilson, other than a couple of interviews with Dana Loesch and Colion Noir. They have no power over him.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    A friend and I got in to a little bit of an argument over this. My take is if they don't like it then change the Constitution, get over it. His take was just because you can do it doesn't mean you should and it will just lead to more scrutiny on us. They wage war against us every day anyways and will continue to forever so I'm not buying that line.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    When I talked to C4 we both mentioned that people make their own guns at home. He said that the people who he knew grew up in the tradition. We’re steeped in it, not laymen. I said we are all laymen.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    C4 saying regular gun owners aren't the ones who'd want to download and make 3D lowers.

Only the people wanting to skirt gun laws would participate in this activity for nefarious purposes.

Banning 3D lower printing will lead to banning **% lower manufacturing as well.

In my opinion, this is their ultimate goal.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The propaganda and misinformation on this is beyond nuts. The settlement is clear. They could start posting the files on 7/27. 8/1 is just the date Defcad set. They're not dumb and they've complied with the law all along.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I certainly hope DD names each of the attorney's general as individuals in addition to their official capacity, as they did in the first suit against NJ and Los Angeles. They can be held personally liable for unlawfully interfering with civil rights like freedom of speech. Think about Frosh having to pay penalties out of his own pocket because he pursued these frivolous law suits.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    C4 saying regular gun owners aren't the ones who'd want to download and make 3D lowers.

Only the people wanting to skirt gun laws would participate in this activity for nefarious purposes.

Banning 3D lower printing will lead to banning **% lower manufacturing as well.

In my opinion, this is their ultimate goal.

Bans are always the ultimate goal. Identify, record, ban, confiscate.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    one can make firearms for their personal use. a 3D printer is no different than a file and a saw... or a mill and a lathe... or a CnC machine.... or home depot's plumbing section, a nail, and a shotgun shell......

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    one can make firearms for their personal use. a 3D printer is no different than a file and a saw... or a mill and a lathe... or a CnC machine.... or home depot's plumbing section, a nail, and a shotgun shell......

We know this.

Here's the issue, though:

The general public doesn't. They literally have ZERO idea that a) it is legal to make your own guns, and b) it is easy to make your own guns and even easier without a 3d printer or a Ghostgunner CNC mill, and c) bad people will make their own guns weather it is legal to or not.

And what general public doesn't know can be used to scare people in order to get bans passed and win some political grandstanding points.

The danger here (in the short term) is that bans on making your own firearms likely will be passed as a result of all the uninformed scary that's flying around right now. Wilson's general point in all of this is basically "you can't stop the signal" and now that the information is out there, banning it is pointless. Of course that won't stop people from trying to ban things in the meantime.

krucam

Ultimate Member

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
      Capture.JPG
      79.8 KB · Views: 244

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

The important line:

Granting the proposed injunctive relief would not only silence the three named Defendants, but it would immediately censor over three hundred million Americans. Today, the validity of nationwide injunctions is subject to a robust debate. But never before has any court entertained a global injunction on the freedom of speech of all Americans.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Josh Blackman is arguing in a NJ State Court right now. I have no idea if there's a stream or not of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom