• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    The problem with SB 707 is just about any gun modification can be construed as a method to increase the trigger rate of fire. It is purposely vague and invites abuse by prosecutors that will ask if you have made any modification at all to your gun.

Do not think this law won't affect every case that a gun is found during an investigation. Heck, I'm pretty sure the Hogue grips on my S&W Model 64 revolver qualify for inclusion under this poorly written law.

Correct! The way that I'm understanding all of this is that if you modify the gun in any way as it comes from the manufacturer which could potentially increase the rate of fire you have created an illegal weapon. How this will actually be enforced is anyone's guess. I suppose if they really wanted to go after someone who is a gun owner it now won't be very hard to do at all! Rarely people make a big stink or stick up for those who are convicted of having illegal weapons. So yeah Screw Maryland! What a Frosh-hole!

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Finally got my atf response

My letter with a big ole return without action stamped in red across it

It’s got a date stamp of sept 27 2018 on it

So am I good to go for another year of playing with my toys?? Lol

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Got my mailed response. So now I have my email and USPS response. I hope I'm covered now.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010
    Just received my response from ATF... a Giant red rubber stamp "RETURN WITHOUT ACTION"

Attachments

• 15392949352926358976548636926455.jpg
      15392949352926358976548636926455.jpg
      73 KB · Views: 234

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I got my letter back today. It looked like it had been subjected to heat. The toner from my laser printer was transferred to the opposite side it was folded against. The paper was slightly faded a bit too. It had a PRINTED address label, which tells me that our responses and addresses are being placed in a computer somewhere. But, I'm good until 10/1/2019. Still waiting on that green return receipt. I think they filed all of those in the dumper.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Did anyone notice the return address on their rejection letter from the ATF? Mine came from Martinsburg WV, not the Washington DC address it was mailed to.

Interesting.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Have you been paying attention? I saw a gun owner at the HPRB give a dissertation on how he was arrested and his gun was confiscated due to his permit being incorrectly listed as invalid or canceled. When the police found the error, they then charged him for being outside his permit restrictions. I don't remember how the charges were finally dropped, but it was a compelling testimony.

I used to live in Saint Mary's County and the State's Attorney was charged with violating the first amendment because he had the sheriff's deputies buy up all the local newspapers because it was going to discuss his conviction of raping a girl in his younger years. I'm not sure many of these State's Attorneys are honorable people. I've had my own run in with several from the St. Mary's office and I've had issues with several.

I have been paying attention.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    Since this law is arbitrary at best, would a trigger pull gauge be used to determine some "factory" setting and anything less than that would constitute a violation of the law? What mechanism could they use to determine if I am compliant? What happens to the firearms who were built as a target grade firearm and not to some standard the government would decide? If you are 1302'd, I would bet that ALL of your firearms will be tested to be in compliance of this law too. That would open up a completely different can of worms. What will "trigger" (sorry) a test of your firearm? Will the DNR be checking your firearms when in the field? How far can this law infringe on your personal rights?

I know I'm preaching to the choir but this is the state of Maryland, how far do you think they can and will take this?

Yes. You should move to Brazil.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    So it is after October 1, 2018. We have sent our ATF letters and received our responses. Can we transport firearms with actual trigger enhancements to and from the range or would that be a violation of this law?

I mean, what specifically is grandfathered? Ownership or all normal firearm rights with respect to firearms with bumpstocks?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    So it is after October 1, 2018. We have sent our ATF letters and received our responses. Can we transport firearms with actual trigger enhancements to and from the range or would that be a violation of this law?

I mean, what specifically is grandfathered? Ownership or all normal firearm rights with respect to firearms with bumpstocks?

You can continue to possess the affected devices, enumerated and un-quantified, until October 1st, 2019. The ATF never granted authorization for any devices the application identifies, but the first leg of compliance in SB707 was met by merely sending that letter seeking authorization.

Of course MSI will continue to litigate, but the case is still quite young.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member

If you "applied", then you have nothing to worry about. All you have to fear is fear itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom