• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Good afternoon friends,
    This thread is for keeping track of what your legislators are up to today.

The live stream can be found here:
    http://mgahouse.maryland.gov/mga/pl...?catalog/03e481c7-8a42-4438-a7da-93ff74bdaa4c

The two bills being heard today can be found on MSI’s Legislation Tracker: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ker/142-2018-maryland-gun-legislation-tracker

CURRENT STATUS:
    SB99 up now http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmMain.aspx?stab=01&pid=billpage&tab=subject3&ys=2018rs&id=SB0099

Today's Schedule
    ✓SB 27 Sen Hough Firearms - Handgun Permit - Preliminary Approval
    ✓SB 91 Chr JPR (Dept) Juvenile Law - Disclosure of Court Records
    ✓SB 99 Sen Norman Public Safety - Permit to Carry, Wear, or
    Transport a Handgun - Qualifications
    ✓SB 101 Sen Norman Criminal Procedure - Expungement - Time for Filing
    ✓SB 102 Sen Rosapepe Airplane Passenger Public Safety Act of 2018
    ✓SB 104 Sen Norman Privileged Communications - Critical Incident
    Stress Management Services
    ✓SB 107 Chr JPR (Dept) Pblc Sfty - Gov's Ofc of Crime Ctrl and Prvntn and
    the Md Statistical Anlys Ctr - Reporting Rqrmnts

* = Currently being heard
    ✓ = Complete

Last edited:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    HB0123, prohibition after a harassment conviction, is a potential nightmare too. Harassment is not the same thing as stalking. It's an often ******** charge with a 30 day max sentence you can get for pretty much just being super annoying to someone once after being told to stop.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    HB0123, prohibition after a harassment conviction, is a potential nightmare too. Harassment is not the same thing as stalking. It's an often ******** charge with a 30 day max sentence you can get for pretty much just being super annoying to someone once after being told to stop.

Might this cover letting your dogs out and them barking at someone? or even waking up a neighbor? Just a thought, I don't want to derail the thread

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    We are currently underway. Two new developments, SB0027 and SB099 will be heard last today.

Secondly, Zirkin has decided that there will no longer be Expert Witness panels. Every witness will be called individually.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    What bills should we be looking at either "FOR" or "AGAINST?" I read SB 197 and I have no idea what it's purpose is and why it's emergency legislation.

I didn't see a call to Annapolis. Did I miss it? I usually like to see the circus. Admission is free. I see legislators say in person things I would never believe if I hadn't witnessed it for myself. Conway and McFadden are names that come to mind.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    What bills should we be looking at either "FOR" or "AGAINST?" I read SB 197 and I have no idea what it's purpose is and why it's emergency legislation.

I didn't see a call to Annapolis. Did I miss it? I usually like to see the circus. Admission is free. I see legislators say in person things I would never believe if I hadn't witnessed it for myself. Conway and McFadden are names that come to mind.

MSI's legislation tracker will be kept up to date with analysis and positions as they become available.
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/...ker/142-2018-maryland-gun-legislation-tracker

MSRPA and Mount Washington gun clubs also have legislation trackers going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom