• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    Of course it is perfectly realistic to EDC a full size 2011 Rig, with 10rd mags under a photographer's vest, and shoot zombies, weak hand only, from a canoe sitting on the ground.:D

Are you serious?

I’ll be damned! That exact thing happened to me last weekend except I shot strong hand and held a suitcase in weak hand. I was trying to get some work done while fishing.

Got all the zombies with zero points down, thank goodness!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Are you serious?

i scaled down my cheating from full size 5" and am just using a 4" 2011... and i wore a real winter coat and not some gamer vest...

i did publicly applaud the one guy in our squad that was using an IWB way back at 4:30 or so, vs the rest of us using regular OWB's on our hips.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Are you serious?

I’ll be damned! That exact thing happened to me last weekend except I shot strong hand and held a suitcase in weak hand. I was trying to get some work done while fishing.

Got all the zombies with zero points down, thank goodness!

:lol:

I left IDPA years ago after a couple stupid rule changes, went to USPSA, steel, and now primarily 3gun, but with the addition of PCC and compact carry(where I can actually be competitive with my actual carry pistol) I might try to catch a match if I can find one close by.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Of course it is perfectly realistic to EDC a full size 2011 Rig, with 10rd mags under a photographer's vest, and shoot zombies, weak hand only, from a canoe sitting on the ground.:D

1) It was a rowboat.
    2) It was only on the ground because they wouldn't allow me to turn the bay into a pond.....
    3) They were alligators, not zombies....

Oh wait, different match. :lol2::party29::innocent0

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    i scaled down my cheating from full size 5" and am just using a 4" 2011... and i wore a real winter coat and not some gamer vest...

i did publicly applaud the one guy in our squad that was using an IWB way back at 4:30 or so, vs the rest of us using regular OWB's on our hips.

actually it is at 5:30 or in the "sciatic notch". the holster is a Blade-Tech NANO, IWB, the gun belt is from Kore Essentials. at 5:30 or 7:00, for left handers, the gun can be accessed from either hand, in the event the dominate hand is either injured or unavailable. all competitions are shot by the method in which i carry every day. .357 MAG, 9mm, .45ACP.

that said, i shoot how i feel, and not for score. example: our last stage at the match davsco described, was completed by almost everyone within 12 seconds. i completed the stage in 40 seconds. why? i wanted to shoot iscocles, weaver and chapman. i did, it sucked but i scored accurately overall. time sucked, but i had fun. :beer:

accuracy means much, fun means more. it was an "open" stage, and i opened it up. had fun. stay safe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Guest123

Latest threads

Top Bottom